The Student Room Group

A Level Geography NEA - what is everyone planning for NEA and Covid ?

Hi all,
I'm just about to start on my NEA and have to submit my proposal by December, however I'm not sure where to start at the moment and I'm currently self isolating which doesn't help matters.
So for those that have started:
-What are you basing yours on ?
-How are you getting around covid ?
-Any other tips ?
Original post by JosephJShip
Hi all,
I'm just about to start on my NEA and have to submit my proposal by December, however I'm not sure where to start at the moment and I'm currently self isolating which doesn't help matters.
So for those that have started:
-What are you basing yours on ?
-How are you getting around covid ?
-Any other tips ?

-Im doing mine on inequality between to parts of a city and to what extent that influences social factors
-Regards to covid, i sent out a questionnaire online (facebook) and posted it to like a group for residents of that city. I managed to do some fieldwork in oct half term- but if you are self isolate you won't be able to do that
-if you have an idea of what you want to do, i suggest just start researching.

https://www.rgs.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?nodeguid=882a6e79-5e28-4667-a753-17d26cec8c19&lang=en-GB this link may also be useful
Reply 2
Original post by alisha.h
-Im doing mine on inequality between to parts of a city and to what extent that influences social factors
-Regards to covid, i sent out a questionnaire online (facebook) and posted it to like a group for residents of that city. I managed to do some fieldwork in oct half term- but if you are self isolate you won't be able to do that
-if you have an idea of what you want to do, i suggest just start researching.

https://www.rgs.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?nodeguid=882a6e79-5e28-4667-a753-17d26cec8c19&lang=en-GB this link may also be useful

Thanks for these tips, I've had a virtual lesson this morning and will be researching "To what extent has the London 2012 Legacy improved East London both socially and economically"

I'm planning to look into:
-The East End before 2012 including the economic decline and was planning on investigating by: land use survey, historical maps and media representation of the area
-The impacts of 2012 focusing on the flows of people and capital both for the games and afterwards
-The legacy of the games and how they impacted local people
Thanks for these tips, I've had a virtual lesson this morning and will be researching "To what extent has the London 2012 Legacy improved East London both socially and economically"

I'm planning to look into:
-The East End before 2012 including the economic decline and was planning on investigating by: land use survey, historical maps and media representation of the area
-The impacts of 2012 focusing on the flows of people and capital both for the games and afterwards
-The legacy of the games and how they impacted local people

sounds interesting, hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 4
sounds interesting, hope it goes well :smile:

thanks !
For the research I'm going to try reaching out to local facebook groups and get local residents to fill out an online survey and possibly get some interviews with people.
thanks !
For the research I'm going to try reaching out to local facebook groups and get local residents to fill out an online survey and possibly get some interviews with people.

that sounds good! if you make a google form (and post it on facebook), google will automatically create graphs + a table of data for you results
Reply 6
that sounds good! if you make a google form (and post it on facebook), google will automatically create graphs + a table of data for you results

That's great to know thanks for that

Quick Reply

Latest