The Student Room Group

Is this depression ?

Okay so i feel very lonely right now I’m at uni and I come home once in a while. I don’t talk to anyone as in I’m in a private accom and my boyfriend has a room in the same accom. We come down once in a while here but i am not in contact with my friends the same way I was before they are all doing their own thing. I met someone I could be friends with but our energy doesn’t really match were two different people. I always reminisce about my past and stuff just comes to my head every once in a while and it makes me upset because I do miss the past and how it was. On top of that I don’t like my boyfriends sister they used to have a weirdly close relationship and now they’re not talking but I’m worried that they will and I’m paranoid about it. I know it’s his family but she’s weird around me and makes me feel very uncomfortable whereas around others she’s nice and All. I don’t know what I want but I’m just very upset right now
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so i feel very lonely right now I’m at uni and I come home once in a while. I don’t talk to anyone as in I’m in a private accom and my boyfriend has a room in the same accom. We come down once in a while here but i am not in contact with my friends the same way I was before they are all doing their own thing. I met someone I could be friends with but our energy doesn’t really match were two different people. I always reminisce about my past and stuff just comes to my head every once in a while and it makes me upset because I do miss the past and how it was. On top of that I don’t like my boyfriends sister they used to have a weirdly close relationship and now they’re not talking but I’m worried that they will and I’m paranoid about it. I know it’s his family but she’s weird around me and makes me feel very uncomfortable whereas around others she’s nice and All. I don’t know what I want but I’m just very upset right now

I have spoke to my boyfriend and I don’t want to speak to him about it anymore he said he will stop being so close with her but it doesn’t make a difference because he knows I will continue asking and he does prove himself to me and says he won’t do anything as he has never cheated and Ik this shouldn’t be a main worry but idk how to stop
Reply 2
I'd encourage you to get back in contact with your friends, just because things are different, doesn't mean you can't still have meaningful interactions with them. Your energy doesn't have to match to be friends with a person, of course you're two different people. One of my best friends (who I've known for 15 years now) are opposites in a lot of things, we are still incredibly close though. Try not to put unnecessary barriers in your way. Build friendships with them, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, no skin off your nose.

Regarding your boyfriend's sister, she could just not gel with you as sometimes siblings don't like their sibling's partner, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just be kind and courteous.
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
I'd encourage you to get back in contact with your friends, just because things are different, doesn't mean you can't still have meaningful interactions with them. Your energy doesn't have to match to be friends with a person, of course you're two different people. One of my best friends (who I've known for 15 years now) are opposites in a lot of things, we are still incredibly close though. Try not to put unnecessary barriers in your way. Build friendships with them, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, no skin off your nose.

Regarding your boyfriend's sister, she could just not gel with you as sometimes siblings don't like their sibling's partner, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just be kind and courteous.

Thank you for your response, honestly means a lot and do you think I should stop looking for excuses and just go out my way to meet people and stuff. Also is there a point of trying to better mine and my boyfriends sisters relationship
Pleasease don't be offended, I mean no disrespect. Are you subconsciously protecting yourself from hurt, as your actions in not liking your bf sister, so he should not talk to her are signs of an unhealthy relationship. Learn to trust, if you cant trust him, find someone you can. You sound unsure and life will throw curve balls and put us in awkward situations, but every cloud has a silver lining, look and concentrate on the optimism and leave the negative thoughts to oneside. All the best.
Is no one else concerned that OP thinks her boyfriend would cheat on her with his sister...
Reply 6
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Is no one else concerned that OP thinks her boyfriend would cheat on her with his sister...

Not really the case tbh
Not really the case tbh

Look at the bit I put in bold though...

he said he will stop being so close with her but it doesn’t make a difference because he knows I will continue asking and he does prove himself to me and says he won’t do anything as he has never cheated and Ik this shouldn’t be a main worry but idk how to stop
Reply 8
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Look at the bit I put in bold though...

He hasn’t cheated so this whole sister thing shouldn’t be a main worry but other stuff should be and it’s not like he cheated

Quick Reply

Latest