The Student Room Group

Loan transfer when swapping masters

I started studying an MA in October and want to swap to an MSc at a different university. I think it is too late to swap this year but I am waiting to hear back from them. I have received a loan for this curent MA. If I swap to the MSc, can my loan be transferred to pay the new course? Thank you
Original post by chloey2
I started studying an MA in October and want to swap to an MSc at a different university. I think it is too late to swap this year but I am waiting to hear back from them. I have received a loan for this curent MA. If I swap to the MSc, can my loan be transferred to pay the new course? Thank you

Hi Chloey, you can transfer and you will receive the rest of the funding. Your new university should contact us to confirm you have transferred.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi Isaac thanks for your reply.If I cannot transfer this academic year and have to start at year 1 again at the new university next academic year will I still be able to use my loan there?
Original post by chloey2
Hi Isaac thanks for your reply.If I cannot transfer this academic year and have to start at year 1 again at the new university next academic year will I still be able to use my loan there?

You're welcome. No, if you withdraw from your current course/university you won't be eligible for future Masters funding unless you can provide Compelling Personal Reasons evidence http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending