The Student Room Group

Dating

Idgi, when you talk on a dating app and ask all the questions, wtf are you gonna ask on a first date If you’ve said everything already
Original post by Moonlight rain
Idgi, when you talk on a dating app and ask all the questions, wtf are you gonna ask on a first date If you’ve said everything already

Talk about the weather :stupid:
but what if you’re an awkward and anxious person who’s never dated before
Original post by SchmuckOff
Talk about the weather :stupid:

How boring is that
How boring is that

I know right

When I run out of things to say , I just start waffling about their looks and clothes
Original post by SchmuckOff
I know right

When I run out of things to say , I just start waffling about their looks and clothes

Hmm, what kinda questions do you ask anyway when you’re looking a serious relationship?

Also what do you do when ur name is shush
Reply 6

Dating apps don’t tend to work well in lockdown (or in general) for that reason. Communication can die out quite quickly. However, it usually works best to get to know someone, see if they’re at least comparable/ likeable and then go from there. You don’t want to spend weeks speaking on an app before meeting.

The less time spent talking on apps the better. There’s usually better chemistry in person.
Hmm, what kinda questions do you ask anyway when you’re looking a serious relationship?

Also what do you do when ur name is shush

Aight boom.
Serious relationships ? Joke man

I can't help with that

:aetsch:
But what if someone has really bad social anxiety and dating app is the only place they can find someone?

Original post by Bexjw
Dating apps don’t tend to work well in lockdown (or in general) for that reason. Communication can die out quite quickly. However, it usually works best to get to know someone, see if they’re at least comparable/ likeable and then go from there. You don’t want to spend weeks speaking on an app before meeting.

The less time spent talking on apps the better. There’s usually better chemistry in person.

Well how long do you talk before meeting

You get all the awkward ice break questions out the way. Now it should be like meeting up with a friend, and just enjoying each others company.
Reply 10
Well how long do you talk before meeting

There’s no hard set rule. It should be when both feel comfortable. I’ve had someone match and that night we’ve been for a drink.
Current relationship I talked to the guy for about a week before a date and we barely messaged (was quite shocked when he asked me out tbf).
Original post by Anonymous
Current relationship I talked to the guy for about a week before a date and we barely messaged (was quite shocked when he asked me out tbf).

He’s your bf now?

Original post by Bexjw
There’s no hard set rule. It should be when both feel comfortable. I’ve had someone match and that night we’ve been for a drink.

What questions do you ask?? I’m sure it gets really awkward
He’s your bf now?

Yeah (very recent and new though). We just seemed to click.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah (very recent and new though). We just seemed to click.

what questions did you ask?? To get to know him?

No way u have talked bout "everything."

But if ur gonna msg talk about TSR and the insane, perverse and weird ppl who inhabit it! LOL!
Reply 16

It's a date, not an interrogation! You don't go in with a list of questions. Conversation should be spontaneous and interesting and fun. It's also how you treat each other and other people that is telling, and you can learn a lot from the non-verbal stuff.

Quick Reply