The Student Room Group

media studies at uni

hi,
i was wondering if anyone is studying media studies and how they're finding it. also, i'm writing my personal statement and i would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how i can develop my knowledge on this subject e.g. are there any documentaries i could watch or something? thanks :smile:
Original post by sprinkles rain
hi,
i was wondering if anyone is studying media studies and how they're finding it. also, i'm writing my personal statement and i would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how i can develop my knowledge on this subject e.g. are there any documentaries i could watch or something? thanks :smile:

Hi there,

I’m currently in my third year of Media, Culture and Communication at Sunderland and absolutely love it! The lecturers are so helpful, and are always more than happy to set up a tutorial or appointment to assist with assignments! The facilities are fantastic, and you can really tailor the courses to your interests, whether that be radio, TV, editing, theory, film etc! The media centre here even has its own cinema which is great for lecture, screening material and even showing your own work if you do practical modules!

With regards to your personal statement, a good starting point would be having a look through the modules on your university website. Have a search for the course you’re interested in and have a look through the modules. If any catch your eye, do a little more research in that area and definitely mention the interest in your personal statement. This will show that you aren’t only interested in the subject, but the modules offered too! There’s a lot of information available online regarding media studies, blogs, YouTube etc as well as online academic journals and books.

I hope this helps!

Charlotte x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending