The Student Room Group

Economics B at ALevel? Any advice?

Hey, I am currently doing my GCSEs however I need to start choosing my ALevel choices soon.

I am really considering doing Economics B (economics business) and was wondering if anyone recommends it (or doesn’t recommend it!!) Also, how difficult is it? Because I’m not sure if it’s considered a good a level (as in a hard one that you have to work hard in) or if it’s just an easy one that people put down with an extra option!!

Any comments would be appreciated!

I’m considering taking Maths, Economics, Phycology and something else!
Original post by zoe2404
Hey, I am currently doing my GCSEs however I need to start choosing my ALevel choices soon.

I am really considering doing Economics B (economics business) and was wondering if anyone recommends it (or doesn’t recommend it!!) Also, how difficult is it? Because I’m not sure if it’s considered a good a level (as in a hard one that you have to work hard in) or if it’s just an easy one that people put down with an extra option!!

Any comments would be appreciated!

I’m considering taking Maths, Economics, Phycology and something else!

Economics is good. And Economics B is much easier than Economics A so you shouldn't find it too hard.
Reply 2
Original post by stephsmhb
Economics is good. And Economics B is much easier than Economics A so you shouldn't find it too hard.

Thank you so much! Would you recommend Economics B over Economics A?
Original post by zoe2404
Thank you so much! Would you recommend Economics B over Economics A?

It depends what you want to do. Economics B is wayyy easier, I know people that were getting A's in Economis B and then moved to Economics A and got C's.
What do you want to do as a degree/career

Quick Reply