The Student Room Group

Gf thinks there should be another full lockdown

She said these restrictions aren't tough enough and she even wanted to do a petition on it. I really am the opposite and we have had arguments about it.

Scroll to see replies

No point arguing over something neither of you can actually control. In the end government does what government wills.
(edited 3 years ago)
I think the real question is: is it even a 'lockdown'
Schools still open - rule of six but as soon as you step foot into the school- apparently its rule of 100.

It's not even that deep, but the fact that some schools have rules AGAINST wearing masks in class in really silly, especially when the students are sitting elbow to elbow.

And also the fact that by having schools opened - the government has connected nearly everyone (students to parents to grandparents or students to siblings). In nearly every aspect schools have connected everyone and this is NOT going to work as a lockdown - even SAGE pointed this out a long time ago.

A real lockdown would be something like back in the March period.

But I do agree with
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
I agree, she caused it she said she thinks we should have another full lockdown when we watching the new I just said I think they should stop all this and she got defensive
Reply 4
Original post by Parziva1
Schools still open - rule of six but as soon as you step foot into the school- apparently its rule of 100.

It's not even that deep, but the fact that some schools have rules AGAINST wearing masks in class in really silly, especially when the students are sitting elbow to elbow.

And also the fact that by having schools opened - the government has connected nearly everyone (students to parents to grandparents or students to siblings). In nearly every aspect schools have connected everyone and this is NOT going to work as a lockdown - even SAGE pointed this out a long time ago.

But I do agree with @SoulfulTwist

True I think this lockdown is not as bad
Original post by Parziva1

But I do agree with @SoulfulTwist

It seems more to appease the public that we are doing something at this stage.

Original post by Anonymous
I agree, she caused it she said she thinks we should have another full lockdown when we watching the new I just said I think they should stop all this and she got defensive

Lol so if you want to talk about it, do it like a friendly debate at most.
Reply 6
Thats what I was trying to do, I was saying it friendly and was expecting a friendly answer
Thats what I was trying to do, I was saying it friendly and was expecting a friendly answer

Lol well she maybe feels very strongly about her point.
Leave her, she's a nutter
Not because she wants lockdown but because she's an insane pseudo activist signing bloody petitions and whatnot. You're gonna end up bailing that one outta jail in a minute.
I do but I won't get defensive about it
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Not because she wants lockdown but because she's an insane pseudo activist signing bloody petitions and whatnot. You're gonna end up bailing that one outta jail in a minute.

She wanted to make her own petition on it to reinforce another full proper lockdown
She wanted to make her own petition on it to reinforce another full proper lockdown

That's even worse. You're gonna wake up one day with a dildo up ya.
Reply 13
Do the mature thing of agreeing to disagree. Arguing over something like this is pointless.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Do the mature thing of agreeing to disagree. Arguing over something like this is pointless.

I just wanted to say my point because I don't agree with another full lockdown at all and it did annoy me but I just said my point calmly and she got all mad. Plus I think most people would agree with me
Original post by Bang Outta Order
That's even worse. You're gonna wake up one day with a dildo up ya.

I think she doesn't want to do potentions now but she wants another lockdown still
She said these restrictions aren't tough enough and she even wanted to do a petition on it. I really am the opposite and we have had arguments about it.

What are her reasons for believing the restrictions are not enough and what are yours for wanting to end the lockdown?Then we can decide who is making the better points.
Original post by Scotney
What are her reasons for believing the restrictions are not enough and what are yours for wanting to end the lockdown?Then we can decide who is making the better points.

Her because she thinks covid cases will reduce a lot and it will stop the spread a lot more. I think because people have no freedom, people are sick of this **** being locked at home, its bad for the economy, mental health, physical health and its just more trouble than its worth
Her because she thinks covid cases will reduce a lot and it will stop the spread a lot more. I think because people have no freedom, people are sick of this **** being locked at home, its bad for the economy, mental health, physical health and its just more trouble than its worth

Okay so when hospitals are over run with cases in January and your parents or grandparents get Covid but they cannot be treated because there are no icu beds left maybe you might consider it might have been worth it.
Original post by Scotney
Okay so when hospitals are over run with cases in January and your parents or grandparents get Covid but they cannot be treated because there are no icu beds left maybe you might consider it might have been worth it.

Anyone can say that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending