The Student Room Group

How to revise?

Hey everyone how did you all revise for A levels? I am so stuck! My teachers are saying to revise, but that flashcards are too time consuming and that it’s not enough to just read over notes so what’s the best thing to do?
Reply 1
I put all my notes on the floor and then read them from my bed
Original post by AllGrade999999
I put all my notes on the floor and then read them from my bed

Well if you all 9's might have to try that
Reply 3
All jokes aside. What subjects do you do?
Reply 4
All jokes aside. What subjects do you do?

I do Psychology Sociology and Health and Social Care :smile: , is it okay just to use quizlet and online resources for revision? because I always feel like I can’t achieve if I don’t make flashcards, I just spent 3 hours writing them and enough is enough haha!
Reply 5
Original post by lilycgbcd
I do Psychology Sociology and Health and Social Care :smile: , is it okay just to use quizlet and online resources for revision? because I always feel like I can’t achieve if I don’t make flashcards, I just spent 3 hours writing them and enough is enough haha!

Ok step 1) don’t make physical flashcards or write notes

Step 2) download quizlet and then make your own decks, not someone else’s, do this very quick. Don’t try and memorise on the go. By you actually reviewing it later on is memorising.

Step 3) write down the date you review it, and the review it like 4 days later, and then keep spacing out the intervals. So like increase it to 8 days
Reply 6
Write notes in class to keep you awake though, if you want
Reply 7
Ok step 1) don’t make physical flashcards or write notes

Step 2) download quizlet and then make your own decks, not someone else’s, do this very quick. Don’t try and memorise on the go. By you actually reviewing it later on is memorising.

Step 3) write down the date you review it, and the review it like 4 days later, and then keep spacing out the intervals. So like increase it to 8 days

Thank you! I’m just checking though why would it be bad to use someone else’s quizlet, it’s just that I did try and make a health and social one but that took like 3 hours to make🙈🙈
Reply 8
Thank you! I’m just checking though why would it be bad to use someone else’s quizlet, it’s just that I did try and make a health and social one but that took like 3 hours to make🙈🙈

Sometimes the information isn’t always right so be careful lmao

It takes like 60 seconds to make a flashcard, just write it quick lol, don’t even try reading it

Because you’ll review them again anyways
Reply 9
Sometimes the information isn’t always right so be careful lmao

It takes like 60 seconds to make a flashcard, just write it quick lol, don’t even try reading it

Because you’ll review them again anyways

Ohh okay thank you! My problem is I just overwrite information too much all the time because I never know what’s important or not haha
Reply 10
Ohh okay thank you! My problem is I just overwrite information too much all the time because I never know what’s important or not haha

Yeah I get you lol

Just write the important bits, have you checked your specification?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending