The Student Room Group

Raf advise

Can anybody advise me please my son was a week away from passing out and going to regiment in the RAF
He went to the other lads dorm to get his hair cut some lads was drinking and he was chatting
The officer came in and said they was drugs in the room their was all 11 people in the room had their phones taken of them all drug tested
My son was told if any of the 11 people tested positively for drugs they all get discharged
My sons test has come back negative
Can he still be discharged even if the other come back positive
He is getting told the fact he was in the room but he said he didn’t see other take drugs
What is the policy on this for the raf
Can anybody give me advise
Reply 1
Your son needs to be dealing with this himself. He can find out the regulations on discipline by asking his supervisors or at his admin office, because they will have access to the latest version, and he also needs to know any local rules on things like alcohol in accommodation during training.
Hi
Yes I know he should and I’m sure he will
but I just don’t get it they get trained for 9 months with their squadron they are like brother that would take a bullet for each other
If some of them are drinking our even taking drugs / do you really think they are going to leave the room and then grass there mates up and risk getting bullied / and destroy their mates career
But by not participating in drink and drugs
But being in the room
How can they be discharged for being innocent
After drug test come back negative
Their must be a law I wanted to know tge guidelines
Thankyou
Original post by Surnia
Your son needs to be dealing with this himself. He can find out the regulations on discipline by asking his supervisors or at his admin office, because they will have access to the latest version, and he also needs to know any local rules on things like alcohol in accommodation during training.

Original post by Lisaclarkehelp
Can anybody advise me please my son was a week away from passing out and going to regiment in the RAF
He went to the other lads dorm to get his hair cut some lads was drinking and he was chatting
The officer came in and said they was drugs in the room their was all 11 people in the room had their phones taken of them all drug tested
My son was told if any of the 11 people tested positively for drugs they all get discharged
My sons test has come back negative
Can he still be discharged even if the other come back positive
He is getting told the fact he was in the room but he said he didn’t see other take drugs
What is the policy on this for the raf
Can anybody give me advise
Reply 3
Hi
but I just don’t get it they get trained for 9 months with their squadron they are like brother that would take a bullet for each other
If some of them are drinking our even taking drugs / do you really think they are going to leave the room and then grass there mates up and risk getting bullied / and destroy their mates career
But being in the room
Thankyou

Military law is different to civil law. Your son will have access to this. Let him fight his own battles.
Reply 4
they are like brother that would take a bullet for each other

If your son were to turn a blind eye to this throughout his and the others careers, and he ended up in a fire fight next to his drugged up mates, he probably will end up taking a bullet. Not for them, but because of them!
Reply 5
Hi
But being in the room
Thankyou

One of the things trainees are taught is the military values, which include respect and integrity, so he has to be prepared to stand by those and see others abide by them, too. And no-one wants someone who has been drinking or doing drugs then handling a weapon or driving a vehicle.

Also, he can't turn a blind eye to anything if he is then going to be in a position later of being a supervisor; you can't tell others to not do things you have indulged in.
Reply 6
By the way, how old is your son?
Unfortunately he’s got to fight his own battles there’s nothing you can do for your son now, he’s in the RAF now not at home anymore

Quick Reply

Latest