The Student Room Group

I failed it

I don't know what to say. I am the worst canditate in a level. Time and time again I got An E for Biology test. The same thing happens with my business. I practice ppqs but to no use. Still failed again and again. What should I do by this point
Firstly, make sure you are looking at the mark schemes and trying to model your a answers on those. Keep trying - it is frustrating but you will make progress!

Also, speak to your teachers and explain your situation. They became teachers because they want to help you - let them!

Hope everything works out :smile:
Original post by annabelle51
Firstly, make sure you are looking at the mark schemes and trying to model your a answers on those. Keep trying - it is frustrating but you will make progress!

Also, speak to your teachers and explain your situation. They became teachers because they want to help you - let them!

Hope everything works out :smile:

I am an embarassment. I failed 10 test. 10 of them. Now, My predicted is only a D. Not even C. Now, with uk lockdown is looks dire. I don't even know why went to school
Original post by Georgelennon
I am an embarassment. I failed 10 test. 10 of them. Now, My predicted is only a D. Not even C. Now, with uk lockdown is looks dire. I don't even know why went to school

I am dumb. I can't even remember simple steps. People get along easily. I take a day to understand. Gosh, wish I didn't need to do school
When I was in year 12 I was finding a-levels, particularly maths, really hard. I then started doing exam questions and they really helped. Me and a group of others who were also struggling used to spend a couple of hours after school once a week just doing exam questions. It really helps because you learn things you don't know but you also learn how to answer the questions and it helped boost my confidence in lessons. I know it's annoying to just constantly be told to do exam questions and honestly I didn't used to just because I was sick of being told to but they genuinely are one of the best things you can use. What's gonna help you more than literally doing the questions that are gonna be on the final exam.

Don't give up. You've got this. A-levels are hard and take a lot of work but if you're willing to put the time and effort in, you'll do fine. :smile:
What year are you in?

Some really god sites for biology are seneca, snaprevise and biologymad. Snaprevise's free videos are on youtube.

If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
What year are you in?

Some really god sites for biology are seneca, snaprevise and biologymad. Snaprevise's free videos are on youtube.

Yr 13.
Original post by Georgelennon
Yr 13.

Same as me :smile:
I'm doing biology too
Reply 8
Try not to be too disheartened, it's not the end of the world. Remember, there's always time. A relative of mine joined biology A-level a month late in year 12. They got Us all the way up until April of the year they were taking their exams. They came out with a B. You can do this. Take on board the advice above, ask questions and keep a 'can do' attitude. I also found revision guides really useful, especially when it came to decoding questions and understanding what was wanted from me. The practice questions at the end of each section in the revision guides were of great help too. Oh, and one further point to consider is talking and taking advantage of your fellow students knowledge! I "buddied" up with a girl in my class and we made a powerhouse of a team, working together to understand the content and questions.
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
What year are you in?

I agree for biologymad and seneca however snaprevise videos on youtube aren't the full video and you need to pay for the full :/ so it's not that helpful
What are all of your subjects and what are you predicted in each of them?

I do Maths, Economics and Latin (and an EPQ) but I got 11 A*s (bio, chem, physics, enlgish, latin and mandarin were 9s) at GCSE and can definitely help with general revision advice for some of your other subjects. :smile:
This might seem a little personal, but have you considered looking into whether you might have a specific learning difficulty? Someone once told me that if you're trying and trying with your studies but still not improving, and you don't understand why, you might have a learning difficulty. I then spoke to my tutors at university and ended up being diagnosed with dyspraxia, which has really helped me understand what's going on with my brain. This might not be the case for you, but I felt like it was worth bringing up just in case.
Submit reply
Either way, don't give up! I know this is such a frustrating and distressing situation to be in, but the only thing you can do in this situation is continue trying to the best of your ability.
Original post by Bedaquiline
This might seem a little personal, but have you considered looking into whether you might have a specific learning difficulty? Someone once told me that if you're trying and trying with your studies but still not improving, and you don't understand why, you might have a learning difficulty. I then spoke to my tutors at university and ended up being diagnosed with dyspraxia, which has really helped me understand what's going on with my brain. This might not be the case for you, but I felt like it was worth bringing up just in case.
Submit reply
Either way, don't give up! I know this is such a frustrating and distressing situation to be in, but the only thing you can do in this situation is continue trying to the best of your ability.

Thank you for the wise words

Quick Reply

Latest