The Student Room Group

When do I have to go back to work - covid isolation

I know it's 10 days after you get your symptoms but my family got symptoms a day after me and they also tested positive. However my isolation note is based on my symptoms. So do I have to isolate for an extra day or not?
No
No you don't isolate an extra day.
The law, or policy if you don't follow safety which could be deemed illegal or penalised with fines or bans...is to isolate for a fortnight if you or ppl you live with have symptoms or tested positive.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Are you ppl ******ed. The law, or policy if you don't follow safety which could be deemed illegal or penalised with fines or bans...is to isolate for a fortnight if you or ppl you live with have symptoms or tested positive.

****ing duh. How are people in the first world this dumb.

we are not dumb. if you already have symptoms, why do you need to isolate for an extra period of time just because someone you live with got symptoms? it makes zero sense, and is not what the guidelines say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922
Blah blah blah. Isolate for two weeks or more if your fellow tenants have symptoms or are positive. End of. Is this the world? Is this what people do? Knowing you live around a contagious disease and then spread it to people by not taking necessary self explanatory precautions? Bizarre.
Blah blah blah. Isolate for two weeks or more if your fellow tenants have symptoms or are positive. End of. Is this the world? Is this what people do? Knowing you live around a contagious disease and then spread it to people by not taking necessary self explanatory precautions? Bizarre.

you do you if you can't read or use logic
Are you ppl ******ed. The law, or policy if you don't follow safety which could be deemed illegal or penalised with fines or bans...is to isolate for a fortnight if you or ppl you live with have symptoms or tested positive.

****ing duh. How are people in the first world this dumb.

It’s 10 days if you’ve tested positive. If the people you live with then go on to get symptoms, it doesn’t change this.
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
No

Original post by Etomidate
It’s 10 days if you’ve tested positive. If the people you live with then go on to get symptoms, it doesn’t change this.

My family are still ill and coughing with a temp but I'm fine and I have a shift on Friday but I'm a carer and the clients are ill. I don't want to risk giving anything to them because they have weak immune systems. What should I say to work?
Original post by Anonymous
My family are still ill and coughing with a temp but I'm fine and I have a shift on Friday but I'm a carer and the clients are ill. I don't want to risk giving anything to them because they have weak immune systems. What should I say to work?

It doesn't change anything if your family are ill if you've already been positive. As long as you're not coughing or having fevers upon your return to work, it will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest