The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Official University of Leicester 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Leicester for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

Accounting and Finance BA Hons or Degree Course
I am doing A-Levels in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies, AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Leicester, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying there, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
Reply 3
Hi, I have applied to Leicester for medicine. I am a gap year applicant and I studied Biology, Chemistry and English Literature at A level
Hi everyone!

I've applied to study an LLB in English Law and a Matrîse in French law and I'm also a full-time wheelchair user. I'm looking forward to chatting to you all on this thread!
Has anyone recieved an offer yet?
Reply 6
Original post by penelopeemelia_
Hi everyone!

I've applied to study an LLB in English Law and a Matrîse in French law and I'm also a full-time wheelchair user. I'm looking forward to chatting to you all on this thread!

I have applied for the same course! I got an email today saying I have an interview but they haven’t arranged the dates yet, have you heard anything?
Original post by Anonymous

I got a offer yesterday for psychology with neuroscience!
It was the first offer I received from my 5 choices
Reply 8

Hello!

Applied for Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience on the 19th Nov, and got my first offer yesterday!
BBB or BBC with B in EPQ : )
Original post by strhythm
Hello!

Applied for Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience on the 19th Nov, and got my first offer yesterday!
BBB or BBC with B in EPQ : )

Same as me!
Original post by si-maliit
Course: Criminology (ABB)
A-Levels: History, English Lit + Lang, RS
Predicted: CCC - I emailed the admissions office and they encouraged me to still apply esp as I think I'll achieve higher than Cs and it was always my firm so :smile:
Other Unis: De Montfort, Solent, Portsmouth and Surrey

I'm sending it off tomorrow, fingers crossed ah - I'll update on the results hopefully!
application sent: 27/11/20
results:

Good luck!
Hi ,
I am planning to apply for the media and communications BA at Leicester for 2021.
I just have a few questions I am hoping that someone can answer .
What is Leicester like as a city ? ( safety / diversity / is it really busy )
I currently go to private school and I am excited to be in an environment where there will be people from different backgrounds , but I just worry about not being able to fit in some times because I hear in some unis people don’t really like private school students .
Not that it’s a priority but I would please like to know if Leicester university receives a huge amount of private school and international students .
Is there a African-Caribbean society at Leicester ?
What’s the best accommodation offered with en-suite bedrooms ?
Is there any advice you would have for a first year student starting at Leicester next year ?
Reply 12
Original post by ben_golding12
Same as me!

well done sounds a brainy course! ;-)
Reply 13
Has anyone received an offer yet?

I have received an offer today for criminology!
Hi! I applied to MA Media, Gender and Social Justice 5 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long Leicester Uni takes to process MA applications?
I have now finished my personal statement and that is now on the UCAS website as it has had its final check over but I have still got to do my choices and a few other things on my UCAS application before that is paid and sent to college for the references to be done before it goes off to the universities so that they can give me offers.
Just wanted to share that I got accepted to MA Media, Gender and Social Justice at the University of Leicester!
how long does it take to receive a reply? I sent mine off today
Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Leicester for 2021!

Accounting and Finance.
Economics, Business, and History.
Predicted grades: ABC
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lizjay11
I have applied for the same course! I got an email today saying I have an interview but they haven’t arranged the dates yet, have you heard anything?

Hey! Sorry that I've taken until now to reply, i've been absolutely swamped with mock revision. Congrats for making it to interviews - you should be so proud! I I think mine said it'll be in January or Feburary.

I'm super glad I've found someone else doing my course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending