The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

2021/2022 MSc Human-Computer Interaction Thread

Hi, everyone! As the open application for the programme has already started, I would really appreciate if you can post any relevant updates and questions you may have in this thread. Let's chat and help each other out :h:

I am an international student and I just applied to the below programmes:
University of York - MSc Human-Centered Interactive Technologies
University College London - MSc Human-Computer Interaction
City, University of London - MSc Human-Computer Interaction

While I was filling out the online application for UCL's Programme, It only allows me to input one referee on the application where I remember the school website asked for 2 references. So I double-checked with the programme administrator, it only requires one reference due to a recent policy change. Not sure if anyone else has the same question as me but hope this might help you.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
Original post by Chloegu
Hi, everyone! As the open application for the programme has already started, I would really appreciate if you can post any relevant updates and questions you may have in this thread. Let's chat and help each other out :h:

While I was filling out the online application for UCL's Programme, It only allows me to input one referee on the application where I remember the school website asked for 2 references. So I double-checked with the programme administrator, it only requires one reference due to a recent policy change. Not sure if anyone else has the same question as me but hope this might help you.

Hi! Thanks for that information, I was also concerned about the number of references.

I have applied to UCL for MSc HCI and I am in the process of applying to City and Brunel.

How did you find writing under 3000 characters in the personal statement process?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi, I started a general/non-UCL specific thread a month or so ago if you want to join us there as well! MSc Human-Computer Interaction Applicants 2021/2022
Reply 3
Original post by HowYaMean
Hi! Thanks for that information, I was also concerned about the number of references.

I have applied to UCL for MSc HCI and I am in the process of applying to City and Brunel.

How did you find writing under 3000 characters in the personal statement process?

Hi! Writing Personal Statement was tough for me at first, It really takes time. It was so lengthy that I tried to put everything in there at first. So I ended up to reduce the number of things, and experiences that seemed not so relevant to the course. I minimized to about 800 words from about 1700 words, otherwise, I would feel it's too long and too hard for them to read. And having your friends or your professor to read it that really helps too. Good luck with your applications!
Reply 4
Original post by Neja.
Hi, I started a general/non-UCL specific thread a month or so ago if you want to join us there as well! MSc Human-Computer Interaction Applicants 2021/2022

Sure. I'll go join you guys.
Hi guys! I am going to apply for the courses at UCL and City and am in the middle of writing my personal statement. The thing is I am a career switcher as I did a BSC in psychology and have become interested in UX quite recently. I have started to self- learn the typical programs but I am worried that I do not have enough experience so I would love some advice on how to write a personal statement for HCI without much experience
Original post by Chloegu

I'd recommend HCI at Newcastle. The modules are on point. Probably the best modules for an HCI program in the UK imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending