The Student Room Group

People making fun of my surname

They were just laughing saying why is my surname what it is and I just said that's what it is. People always take the piss when I tell them
Just ignore them, I've had it for years but after the first few times I just stopped giving a s*** what people said about it
what a stupid reason to make fun of you... ignore them, they sound very childish
experienced the same back in school, seriously, it'll stop once they either get bored, or life progresses
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
what a stupid reason to make fun of you... ignore them, they sound very childish

Yes 100%
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
experienced the same back in school, seriously, it'll stop once they either get bored, or life progresses

I'm sensitive with it
What's your surname?
Reply 7
Just ignore them, I've had it for years but after the first few times I just stopped giving a s*** what people said about it

Ok
Reply 8
Original post by Theloniouss
What's your surname?

I'm not going to say
Reply 9
Ignore it. It's them wasting their time.
One thing I've learnt, is if you laugh at whatever jokes they make. Just laugh along with them even if its not even funny, then they will relise its not something they can make fun of you for and give up.
I promise you it works, with nearly everything to.
Most people arent mean, they just think they're funny
Original post by gtty123
Ignore it. It's them wasting their time.

Yes
Reply 12
My surname rhymes with a swearword so I've had this all my life.

You get quite good at knowing who is just surprised and harmless and who is deliberately being a you know what.

I tend to just pretend I'm shocked and say "no one has ever said that to me before" and then maybe something like "Wilde would be in awe of such wit"

Also works when people try to "bully" me over my height.
People with surnames such as butt, or schitt, etc yh they get teased. It's immature tbh
Yes
Yes

Best way I have seen people dealing with it is to just laugh along, make a joke of it and then make themselves a better nickname.
Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending