The Student Room Group

Should i change IT? which uni for psychology?

Hi! I'm an EU student planning to study in the UK. My IELTS results: overall 8.0 (L:8.5; R:9; W:7; S:6.5). My estimated grades are A*AAB/AABB.
I'm planning to apply to Manchester, Sheffield, UCL, Edinburgh, and as a last choice - MMU.
The thing is, UCL is insanely competitive and as far as I know Edinburgh has a very precise number of accepted EU students. I was thinking of changing one or both of them to Leeds/Liverpool. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking of applying for UCL Psych with Language Sciences as it has lower grades. But my PS isn't even related to Language Sciences, only to Psych. Does it have a difference?

Thank you in advance xx
Original post by snkvct
Hi! I'm an EU student planning to study in the UK. My IELTS results: overall 8.0 (L:8.5; R:9; W:7; S:6.5). My estimated grades are A*AAB/AABB.
I'm planning to apply to Manchester, Sheffield, UCL, Edinburgh, and as a last choice - MMU.
The thing is, UCL is insanely competitive and as far as I know Edinburgh has a very precise number of accepted EU students. I was thinking of changing one or both of them to Leeds/Liverpool. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking of applying for UCL Psych with Language Sciences as it has lower grades. But my PS isn't even related to Language Sciences, only to Psych. Does it have a difference?

Thank you in advance xx

Firstly the Edinburgh situation has probably changed this year. The cap system applied because EC students paid no fees. That has now changed and EC students will be paying international fees as the UK is no longer part of the EC.

As far as which universities to apply to nobody can really tell you. What one person really likes another might totally dislike. I take it from your choices that you prefer big cities in the North of the UK. Why are looking at Manchester Met. Why not replace it with Liverpool which asks for ABB which is below your predictions. If you really want to change one of UCL or Edinburgh with Leeds but before doing so check out the position with Edinburgh for overseas applicants for this year as it has probably changed
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly the Edinburgh situation has probably changed this year. The cap system applied because EC students paid no fees. That has now changed and EC students will be paying international fees as the UK is no longer part of the EC.

As far as which universities to apply to nobody can really tell you. What one person really likes another might totally dislike. I take it from your choices that you prefer big cities in the North of the UK. Why are looking at Manchester Met. Why not replace it with Liverpool which asks for ABB which is below your predictions. If you really want to change one of UCL or Edinburgh with Leeds but before doing so check out the position with Edinburgh for overseas applicants for this year as it has probably changed

Thanks for the insight, it was really helpful!

Yes, I would be considered as an international student, but I've applied to the EU Settlement Scheme and got Settled Status, so I am eligible for home (UK) fees, student loans and etc. Then the precise accepted number of students to Edinburgh remains the same for me.

However, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest