The Student Room Group

university with only two a levels

Posting on behalf of a friend who was dropped one a level mid Y13 and is now unsure if she can apply to uni? Am I correct in saying she can either: apply to places with lower UCAS points offers that can be achieved with two good grades or take a year off and do a third a level then apply? Or are there other options?
possible foundation year options? some unis may accept her onto a foundation year course with two alevels! tell her to look at the courses and unis she likes and check entry requirements!!
Agree with post above. I would email each uni and ask them for some guidance - they know best!
Some universities do accept 2 A-levels but her options will have narrowed substantially.
Reply 4
I’d advise to do the third A-level, most, if not all unis, even the worst, do not accept 2 A-levels
Original post by dylgeo
I’d advise to do the third A-level, most, if not all unis, even the worst, do not accept 2 A-levels

okay thank you we thought this was likely to be the case but initially school told her to apply with two so we weren't sure
Original post by baby.bear
possible foundation year options? some unis may accept her onto a foundation year course with two alevels! tell her to look at the courses and unis she likes and check entry requirements!!

thanks we didn't think of this!
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Agree with post above. I would email each uni and ask them for some guidance - they know best!

yeah I think we'll email some admissions departments tomorrow
Original post by _gracecharlie
yeah I think we'll email some admissions departments tomorrow

Ypu don't need to do that - this information will be on the uni website.

Some only require DD grades at A level for the Foundation year and guarantee that passing the year gets you onto the degree. The OU is also an option.
Original post by Muttley79
Ypu don't need to do that - this information will be on the uni website.

Some only require DD grades at A level for the Foundation year and guarantee that passing the year gets you onto the degree. The OU is also an option.

okay thank you
Original post by _gracecharlie
thanks we didn't think of this!

no worries! i know some unis for certain courses accept ucas points as low as 48 so she definitely would have a chance if she took a foundation year within her course! it depends where and what she studies but there are definitely ways to go to uni!!

Quick Reply

Latest