The Student Room Group

Answering the door for parcels

I've realised a few teenagers have issues with this including me im guessing it because of anxiety since that's what mine is. Does anyone here have that iss that you can't answer the door?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sometimes.
Reply 2
Original post by gtty123
Sometimes.

Is yours anxiety?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is yours anxiety?

At times, yes. Most of the time it's due to the parcels not being mine, so I don't feel the need to open it.
Reply 4
Original post by gtty123
At times, yes. Most of the time it's due to the parcels not being mine, so I don't feel the need to open it.

I know what you mean mate
Reply 5
I know what you mean mate

I'm glad.
I never use the front door to enter my home or open any door to strangers.
My post doesn't get sent to my home address.
I don't sign for letters or parcels.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
I never use the front door to enter my home or open any door to strangers.
My post doesn't get sent to my home address.
I don't sign for letters or parcels.

Anxiety?
Anxiety?

No.
Safety and privacy concerns.
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Safety and privacy concerns.

Ok
I have a vague recollection of feeling some form of anxiety when people buzzed the intercom, but that feels like years ago now, I’m quite apathetic towards it nowadays.

Being a Year 13 student and doing an Uber Eats every five minutes will do that to you.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
I have a vague recollection of feeling some form of anxiety when people buzzed the intercom, but that feels like years ago now, I’m quite apathetic towards it nowadays.

Being a Year 13 student and doing an Uber Eats every five minutes will do that to you.

I understand
I only open the door if I'm expecting a delivery. Anxiety or not, it is much less hassle than having to go to the post office to pick up my parcel. And these days, the post just leaves it next to the door anyway and then walks away due to Covid so it is really no big deal. I'll open the door in my PJs with greasy hair if I have to - who cares?
I only open the door if I'm expecting a delivery. Anxiety or not, it is much less hassle than having to go to the post office to pick up my parcel. And these days, the post just leaves it next to the door anyway and then walks away due to Covid so it is really no big deal. I'll open the door in my PJs with greasy hair if I have to - who cares?

Reported
Reported

for what?
for what?

Saying its not really a big deal, you think anxiety is not a big deal, it affects so many people and you just there in your little ****ing highchair saying its not a big deal
Saying its not really a big deal, you think anxiety is not a big deal, it affects so many people and you just there in your little ****ing highchair saying its not a big deal

I have sever social anxiety to the point where it stops me leaving the house. I never said it was not a big deal. The fact that I can now the door to strangers is a big achievement to me, which is what my post was about. You have nothing to report me for.
I have sever social anxiety to the point where it stops me leaving the house. I never said it was not a big deal. The fact that I can now the door to strangers is a big achievement to me, which is what my post was about. You have nothing to report me for.

Sorry mate, I thought you were making fun of me, ill try to tell mods it was a mistake but if not then they'll probably see your post and understand. Im sorry you have social anxiety as well and congratulations on being able to answer the door.
personally no bc when the doorbell goes or someone knocks on the door everyone looks at me and tells me to go lmao. i understand some people would find it a bit jfjfjfj but thats totally fine , doing it a few times may help or just telling someone else to do it idk really? Anxiety is a huge deal , so many people are affected by it and struggle you could say? idk much as i dont really know anyone with anxiety or have ever learnt about it but im willing to know more!

You can't report someone for having a different opinion to you :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending