The Student Room Group

What undergrad university for psych?

Hi! I'm an EU student planning to study in the UK. My IELTS results: overall 8.0 (L:8.5; R:9; W:7; S:6.5). My estimated grades are A*AAB/AABB.
I'm planning to apply to Manchester, Sheffield, UCL, Edinburgh, and as a last choice - MMU or Essex.
The thing is, UCL is insanely competitive and as far as I know Edinburgh has a very precise number of accepted EU students. I was thinking of changing one of them to Leeds/Liverpool. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking to applying for UCL Psych with Language Sciences as it has lower grades. But my PS isn't even related to Language Sciences, only to Psych. Does it have a difference?

Thank you in advance xx
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Edinburgh has low student satisfaction. People on the psychology course seem to get awful feedback on their work which they cannot use to improve their work with. I would stay well away from there. Consider glasgow or St Andrews instead if you really want to study here.
Reply 2
Original post by mary388
Edinburgh has low student satisfaction. People on the psychology course seem to get awful feedback on their work which they cannot use to improve their work with. I would stay well away from there. Consider glasgow or St Andrews instead if you really want to study here.

Thank You. Will definitely change it to smth else then, maybe Leeds. x
Reply 3
Original post by snkvct
Thank You. Will definitely change it to smth else then, maybe Leeds. x

I’m not sure if you’d consider it but aberdeen (in scotland) is good too, it’s going to be my first choice x
Reply 4
Original post by mary388
I’m not sure if you’d consider it but aberdeen (in scotland) is good too, it’s going to be my first choice x

I really wanted to go to Aberdeen, but unfortunately, it requires you to do two science subjects; I am doing only one at A level (Maths) and also taking Biology at B level (in my country it means that I am not sitting a biology exam and the course is easier than the A level ones).

So, I think I'll not be eligible for the course :frown: Best of luck to You tho xx I hope you get in!
Reply 5
Original post by snkvct
I really wanted to go to Aberdeen, but unfortunately, it requires you to do two science subjects; I am doing only one at A level (Maths) and also taking Biology at B level (in my country it means that I am not sitting a biology exam and the course is easier than the A level ones).

So, I think I'll not be eligible for the course :frown: Best of luck to You tho xx I hope you get in!

Ahh I see you want to do Bsc, for me I’m applying to the MA course so it’s not so bad. That’s a shame that you can’t apply there because they seem way more friendly than some of the other unis in my opinion but I wish you luck with wherever you end up applying to :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest