The Student Room Group

does biology, psychology and maths a level sound okay?

i either want to go into the science or finance field, thing is psychology is more to do with science and if i do decide to do finance i'm worried that i don't have enough subjects to do it
I think they all go well together. I just started a level and im doing pyschology, law and english language. Are you year 11 or 12?

If you do want to go into those fields and careers then i think they are all good but maybe switch biology for chemistry..?
I quickly searched for most of the bachelor degrees in Finance in the UK that most financial institutions would prefer, and most are OK with maths alone.

Where you say you want to go into science, I'm a bit curious to know which specific field of science you are interested in since Biology and Psychology will severely limit the range of scientific fields you can go into.
Most of my friends from sixth form studied bio, psych and maths a level for doing psychology at uni - you're on the right path

alot of unis want psyc+a science, but do keep in mind that there is statistics involved too! it surprised my friends haha

also if you're considering finance, just try secure a spring week (your degree background wont matter so much) and you're on a one way ticket into finance, the maths alone is all that really matters depending on the area you go into.

I kept the finance stuff brief, but before you hit first year just look up roles in finance, what a spring week is and prepare for answers e.g. competency ones and your interests in firm X/the industry. A psych background is always welcome!
Reply 4
Original post by schoolwhiz20202
I think they all go well together. I just started a level and im doing pyschology, law and english language. Are you year 11 or 12?

If you do want to go into those fields and careers then i think they are all good but maybe switch biology for chemistry..?

i'm in year 11 and chemistry is more appealing but i hate the subject :frown:
Original post by annqbellex

Pro tip: never pick a subject you don't find as appealing as another subject.

If you think chemistry is more interesting, you're bound to succeed with it. However, I've read loads of people and even spoken to people who constantly complain about how hard chem is and i would never want someone to suffer as a-levels are HARD. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it lol. At the end of the day, i'd say wait until you get your last mock exam results and maybe look at your results and decide based on what you did better in :smile: also, don't let schools force you to make a decision now! i changed all my subjects in august year 11 and still got into them all. Good luck sis!
Original post by annqbellex

Don’t do it then! I hate science as well..rather eat dead children than do science. Just choose subjects you like
Reply 7
Original post by schoolwhiz20202
Pro tip: never pick a subject you don't find as appealing as another subject.

If you think chemistry is more interesting, you're bound to succeed with it. However, I've read loads of people and even spoken to people who constantly complain about how hard chem is and i would never want someone to suffer as a-levels are HARD. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it lol. At the end of the day, i'd say wait until you get your last mock exam results and maybe look at your results and decide based on what you did better in :smile: also, don't let schools force you to make a decision now! i changed all my subjects in august year 11 and still got into them all. Good luck sis!

oh when i mean more appealing i meant it's more easier to get a degree with chemistry (i absolutely hate it atm) and thank you, good luck to you too

Quick Reply

Latest