The Student Room Group

Psychology-Multi-Store Model, evaluations help please!

i have an essay tomorrow on discussing and evaluating the multi-store model and it's a 16 marker. On my draft essay, my teacher said i wrote too much information for A01 and less information for AO4-evaluations

But idk what evaluations really are and how to structure it in an exam essay. So does anyone know any of the evaluations for MSM and how to structure them. 4 evaluations will be amazing :smile:

p.s. my exam board is AQA
Do you have the textbook? It has evaluation points for everything you cover in there x
Original post by lilbabypenguin
Do you have the textbook? It has evaluation points for everything you cover in there x

Yeah i do. But i don't really know how to structure it into my essay, do you have any tips?
Use your textbook
Original post by tinygirl96
Use your textbook

my textbook doesn't help. It says what it is but it doesn't tell me how to write it into my essay.
Original post by schoolwhiz20202
Yeah i do. But i don't really know how to structure it into my essay, do you have any tips?

Have you ever done peel paragraphs? Quite similar to that. Point, evidence, explain, link to question. Here’s an example for multi store model:
One weakness of the msm model is that it states that there is only one stm, however case studies of amnesia patients show otherwise. For example, KF had very poor short term memory when remembering digits read aloud to him, however he could recall much better when he was able go read the digits to himself. This suggests there could be another stm store for non verbal sounds. This is a limitation as the msm states there is one stm store, which isn’t the case
I’ll attach what my teacher gives us to structure evaluation points :smile:
Some of the few notes I’ve done on Google Docs, so I’ll leave them here...
D171B5FE-F328-49B4-A410-4EBCBB3F3FCC.jpegE0CDA99C-B49B-4CE3-BEFB-CC362467C814.jpeg
Hopefully that’s fine to read but if not please let me know and I’ll copy and paste or something.

Also if you want help in general you might want to look on the exam technique section of my thread. One thing I will ask specifically though is why 4 points? That seems like more effort than necessary if you’re expanding enough.
E7DDD927-14C3-4A68-B902-045EF512DF81.jpg.jpegBCA59E85-3FA6-46DE-B591-F819CB26A49F.jpg.jpeg

Found specific examples for multi store model :smile: These increase in marks, there are 3 examples, hope this helps!
Have you ever done peel paragraphs? Quite similar to that. Point, evidence, explain, link to question. Here’s an example for multi store model:
One weakness of the msm model is that it states that there is only one stm, however case studies of amnesia patients show otherwise. For example, KF had very poor short term memory when remembering digits read aloud to him, however he could recall much better when he was able go read the digits to himself. This suggests there could be another stm store for non verbal sounds. This is a limitation as the msm states there is one stm store, which isn’t the case

ohhh omg thank you so much! this is so helpful :smile: my teacher doesn't tell us how to structure essay paragraphs but expects us to write essays, probably why we're all failing lol
Original post by ashtolga23
Some of the few notes I’ve done on Google Docs, so I’ll leave them here...
D171B5FE-F328-49B4-A410-4EBCBB3F3FCC.jpegE0CDA99C-B49B-4CE3-BEFB-CC362467C814.jpeg
Hopefully that’s fine to read but if not please let me know and I’ll copy and paste or something.

Also if you want help in general you might want to look on the exam technique section of my thread. One thing I will ask specifically though is why 4 points? That seems like more effort than necessary if you’re expanding enough.

THIS IS AMAZING! thanks so much for this, it's very detailed!! Our teacher says we need to do 4 evaluation paragraphs, idk why, but she gives us 20 minutes to do a 16 marker with 4 paragraphs, very stressing :frown: ill check out your thread too, thank you again
Original post by schoolwhiz20202
THIS IS AMAZING! thanks so much for this, it's very detailed!! Our teacher says we need to do 4 evaluation paragraphs, idk why, but she gives us 20 minutes to do a 16 marker with 4 paragraphs, very stressing :frown: ill check out your thread too, thank you again

My pleasure! To be fair 4 isn’t too bad when I think about it. Definitely safest.

It’s not a problem!
E7DDD927-14C3-4A68-B902-045EF512DF81.jpg.jpegBCA59E85-3FA6-46DE-B591-F819CB26A49F.jpg.jpeg

Found specific examples for multi store model :smile: These increase in marks, there are 3 examples, hope this helps!

thank youu thats very helpful :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest