The Student Room Group

Boys give some advice to the girls plzzz

Heya! I am a girl, crushing on a boy and I just don't know what signs a boy gives if he likes me....
Lets make a thread asking for advice!
Girls- ask for advice
Boys- give us some advice!
I just don't want to be a fool inlove again....
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
Heya! I am a girl, crushing on a boy and I just don't know what signs a boy gives if he likes me....
Girls- ask for advice
I just don't want to be a fool inlove again....

hey girl! well personally i have a bf and i knew he liked me because he wanted to spend time with me and tried to initate conversation with me which was sweet. both boys and girls try and impress who they are crushing on. Has he shown any signs u think that he may like u ? are u friends already?
I mean, if you have a crush on him and you know him, you could always just ask him out? Then you know for sure.
Original post by 14elbeha
hey girl! well personally i have a bf and i knew he liked me because he wanted to spend time with me and tried to initate conversation with me which was sweet. both boys and girls try and impress who they are crushing on. Has he shown any signs u think that he may like u ? are u friends already?

heyyy!! Same, he initiates conversation with me, and it was soo friendly seeing that it was my first day at my new secondary school! I don't know! What are the signs? He leans back, his arms crossed when he talks to me, but he always wants to talk to me. Does this mean that he likes me? Also, since I am new, how do I know if he has a gf already??
Tyy
we are classmates btw, i've been at the school for 2 weeks lolz
Heya, this is a Q to all the boys in general, what do you look for in a girl?
Like is it all about personality or appearance?
Girls- ask for advice
I just don't want to be a fool inlove again...

A general sign a guy is into you is if he behaves differently to you or treats you differently to everyone else, and there's no logical reason why they're doing it. At school age, this can also include him picking on you, as well as being "nice" to you (we're a strange species, I know :wink: )

heyyy!! Same, he initiates conversation with me, and it was soo friendly seeing that it was my first day at my new secondary school! I don't know! What are the signs? He leans back, his arms crossed when he talks to me, but he always wants to talk to me. Does this mean that he likes me? Also, since I am new, how do I know if he has a gf already??
Tyy
we are classmates btw, i've been at the school for 2 weeks lolz

NGL, those are mixed signals.

Arms crossed and leaning back implies a defensive posture (as opposed to leaning towards you and the torso exposed)... but the fact he's always initiating the conversation is a good sign.

As I said, the signals aren't clear cut, so you're just going to have to bite the bullet and ask him... or, you can do the whole, -"My mate fancies you" game, and see how he reacts.

If you want to find out if he has a GF, when you're chatting to him, at some point when he says something appropriate, you could say, "Oooh, bet your girlfriend really likes that". If he's got a GF, he'll reply appropriately, but if he's single, he'll then have to say he doesn't have one. What's more, if he's not interested, you've given him the perfect opportunity to 'invent' one, just to put you off.
Original post by becausethenight
I mean, if you have a crush on him and you know him, you could always just ask him out? Then you know for sure.

True, but I am afraid of being rejected lol
Original post by Old Skool Freak
A general sign a guy is into you is if he behaves differently to you or treats you differently to everyone else, and there's no logical reason why they're doing it. At school age, this can also include him picking on you, as well as being "nice" to you (we're a strange species, I know :wink: )

NGL, those are mixed signals.

Arms crossed and leaning back implies a defensive posture (as opposed to leaning towards you and the torso exposed)... but the fact he's always initiating the conversation is a good sign.

As I said, the signals aren't clear cut, so you're just going to have to bite the bullet and ask him... or, you can do the whole, -"My mate fancies you" game, and see how he reacts.

If you want to find out if he has a GF, when you're chatting to him, at some point when he says something appropriate, you could say, "Oooh, bet your girlfriend really likes that". If he's got a GF, he'll reply appropriately, but if he's single, he'll then have to say he doesn't have one. What's more, if he's not interested, you've given him the perfect opportunity to 'invent' one, just to put you off.

Thank you sooo much, this is such helpful advice ngl!!
Behaves differently....He just is more mature when he speaks to me, but goofy when he talks to his friends. Mixed signals!!! Agggg, maybe he has a flirty personality! Oh yea, true. He was talking to me a lot during science, and we were doing a test! lolz
I love the last advice! I have science this week, so lets see how this goes XD
Also, I am new to the school, and every lesson, he gives of some signs,
Do boys love girls instantly, as in, do you fall easily? Also, do you give of signs instantly, or do you slowly drop them??

Fair enough, but if you don't ask, you'll never know! "boys" aren't a monolithic entity, you can't read the signs and figure it out :biggrin:
Thank you sooo much, this is such helpful advice ngl!!
Behaves differently....He just is more mature when he speaks to me, but goofy when he talks to his friends. Mixed signals!!! Agggg, maybe he has a flirty personality! Oh yea, true. He was talking to me a lot during science, and we were doing a test! lolz
I love the last advice! I have science this week, so lets see how this goes XD
Also, I am new to the school, and every lesson, he gives of some signs,

No problem, just glad I could help.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Do boys love girls instantly, as in, do you fall easily? Also, do you give of signs instantly, or do you slowly drop them??

It depends on the boy and the type of attraction.

If he's a shy boy, he'll probably never say anything... but you'll notice him staring at you from time to time. On the other hand, a more confident lad would (how can I put this...) make his presence known to you (one way or another).

With guys, there are basically three types of girls we like:-

1) Those who have the attributes we'd look for in a partner ("wifey"), these are likely to be a combination of looks & personality (with more emphasis on the latter). With those types, it's more likely to be something slower that develops over a period of time.

2) The sexy / fit types we want to do "naughty things" with. in this instance, there will be far more emphasis on her physical attributes (I'll leave you to draw your own ideas/ conclusions to what that might be :wink: ). In these cases, they're far more likely to make it obvious, and generally move much faster than above.

3) Those cool, chill girls we can just be our self around. The type we don't have to watch what we say in front of you; you naturally get our interests, banter etc. Unlikely to make a move (even if he did fancy you, for fear of ruining the friendship).... but there may be little subtle signs that may leak out.
(edited 3 years ago)

It's something you're going to have to get used to. It's part of life and happens to all of us at some point.

I'll give you the worst case scenarios of whether you do or don't ask him out

a) You ask him out and he says no (for whatever reason):- You feel a bit low for a week or so (sulk in your room, listen to sad songs etc.) but afterwards, you realise that life goes on... and guess what? Christmas is just around the corner, so you make it your mission to flirt with as many other guys who catch your eye (and you never know, you may get an unexpected Christmas present :wink: )

b) You don't ask him out for fear of rejection:- One day, out of the blue, you see him with another girl on his arm who is remarkably similar to you. When you ask him about it he say, "I liked you for ages, but you never gave me any signs, so I gave up and moved on" You end up kicking yourself for not having the guts to say what was on your mind... and you feel a little bit of sick in your mouth when you see them looking at each other in that way

Fortune favours the bold.

Original post by becausethenight
Fair enough, but if you don't ask, you'll never know! "boys" aren't a monolithic entity, you can't read the signs and figure it out :biggrin:

Exactly this!
(edited 3 years ago)
It's something you're going to have to get used to. It's part of life and happens to all of us at some point.

I'll give you the worst case scenarios of whether you do or don't ask him out

a) You ask him out and he says no (for whatever reason):- You feel a bit low for a week or so (sulk in your room, listen to sad songs etc.) but afterwards, you realise that life goes on... and guess what? Christmas is just around the corner, so you make it your mission to flirt with as many other guys who catch your eye (and you never know, you may get an unexpected Christmas present :wink: )

b) You don't ask him out for fear of rejection:- One day, out of the blue, you see him with another girl on his arm who is remarkably similar to you. When you ask him about it he say, "I liked you for ages, but you never gave me any signs, so I gave up and moved on" You end up kicking yourself for not having the guts to say what was on your mind... and you feel a little bit of sick in your mouth when you see them looking at each other in that way

Fortune favours the bold.

Exactly this

I've been rejected last year, I was really down in the dumps, and exactly what you said, I listened to sad songs, got hella moody, I ate a lot more than usual.

Anyways, to the present day, I saw him again, in science. I sit at the back of the class with him😏
But I noticed something today. He just has that charismatic personality, I don't think that he likes me at all lol.
Lemme give you the whole story...
He decided to sit away from me, the next row away. I noticed that I am not important enough to be remembered that I sit next to him (whenever I am late to class by a few minutes, he always tries to make sure that he sits near his friends.). But I understand, I have only know him since the beginning of this term, and I am not full of banta- and he just wants to sit near his friends. I was just an anchor holding him down.
You boys are soo complicated, but you can easily be figured out, cuz I now know that he just has that personality, he is charismatic, funny, sporty, clever, attractive and I just love the fact that he doesn't give me a weird look when I unleash the weird side of me.
Thanks for the advice thou!
I've been rejected last year, I was really down in the dumps, and exactly what you said, I listened to sad songs, got hella moody, I ate a lot more than usual.

Getting rejected is a bit like falling off a bike (or maybe a scooter for you young'uns lol). It hurts like hell the first time but after a while, experience teaches you that it's not that big a deal... When someone says "no" to a proposed rendezvous, it's not necessarily about you; for example:-

1) Maybe he has a GF (or someone in mind)
2) Maybe he's in a really bad place in his head at the moment
3) Coursework or family commitments may mean a relationship is a bad idea right now
4) He might really want to bond with his mates right now (or maybe someone needs his attention, bro's before hoes and all that)
5) Maybe he's gay (sorry, I couldn't resist :biggrin:)

Anyways, to the present day, I saw him again, in science. I sit at the back of the class with him😏
But I noticed something today. He just has that charismatic personality, I don't think that he likes me at all lol.
Lemme give you the whole story...
He decided to sit away from me, the next row away. I noticed that I am not important enough to be remembered that I sit next to him (whenever I am late to class by a few minutes, he always tries to make sure that he sits near his friends.). But I understand, I have only know him since the beginning of this term, and I am not full of banta- and he just wants to sit near his friends. I was just an anchor holding him down.

Sorry about that,

Although, maybe it's not a bad idea to ask him out anyway (for the whole closure thingy), and now you're (sort of) prepared for a rejection, you'll probably find it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the last time... and it'll just keep getting easier and easier for you to deal with from now on.

You boys are soo complicated, but you can easily be figured out, cuz I now know that he just has that personality, he is charismatic, funny, sporty, clever, attractive and I just love the fact that he doesn't give me a weird look when I unleash the weird side of me.

Well it sounds like this guy's got a lot going for him, so no wonder you liked him. From what you've said, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the girls in your class / year had fancied him at some point.

... And I know what you mean about people not getting freaked out when they see your crazy / mental side :wink:
Getting rejected is a bit like falling off a bike (or maybe a scooter for you young'uns lol). It hurts like hell the first time but after a while, experience teaches you that it's not that big a deal... When someone says "no" to a proposed rendezvous, it's not necessarily about you; for example:-

1) Maybe he has a GF (or someone in mind)
2) Maybe he's in a really bad place in his head at the moment
3) Coursework or family commitments may mean a relationship is a bad idea right now
4) He might really want to bond with his mates right now (or maybe someone needs his attention, bro's before hoes and all that)
5) Maybe he's gay (sorry, I couldn't resist :biggrin:)

Sorry about that,

Although, maybe it's not a bad idea to ask him out anyway (for the whole closure thingy), and now you're (sort of) prepared for a rejection, you'll probably find it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the last time... and it'll just keep getting easier and easier for you to deal with from now on.

Well it sounds like this guy's got a lot going for him, so no wonder you liked him. From what you've said, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the girls in your class / year had fancied him at some point.

... And I know what you mean about people not getting freaked out when they see your crazy / mental side :wink:

Thanks for the no. of reasons why he may reject me, I needed this the last time I got rejected!
True, but I just know that he'll reject me!
Yea, he is perfect, gets a long with a lot of girls, and has some really good guy friends. He talks to me a lot abt his life, like the deep secrets that you won't want some people knowing abt.
By his life, I mean where he's from, his siblings, his family, family disagreements type of things.
I said to him that he talks a lot, and he replied to me with "I talk a lot when I am bored."
Scooter, lolz you really are up on the trend! You really do understand what its like being rejected, I agree, it hurts like hell.
Phew, the last line, I am not alone!
Thx for the advice!

Personal Q, you don't have to answer!
Whats your crazzy side like? Mine is all overexcited, energetic.
And, how did you deal with rejection? I wrote stories, and listened to sad songs, I also made a mashup of sad songs!
Thanks for the no. of reasons why he may reject me, I needed this the last time I got rejected!
True, but I just know that he'll reject me!
Yea, he is perfect, gets a long with a lot of girls, and has some really good guy friends. He talks to me a lot abt his life, like the deep secrets that you won't want some people knowing abt.
By his life, I mean where he's from, his siblings, his family, family disagreements type of things.
I said to him that he talks a lot, and he replied to me with "I talk a lot when I am bored."
Scooter, lolz you really are up on the trend! You really do understand what its like being rejected, I agree, it hurts like hell.
Phew, the last line, I am not alone!
Thx for the advice!

No problem, just glad to help out.

It's good that he trusts you with his secrets, problems etc. but that does kinda confirm that you're friend-zoned lol. Unlike girls, guys don't (generally) want to burden crushes with issues.

Personal Q, you don't have to answer!
Whats your crazzy side like? Mine is all overexcited, energetic.
And, how did you deal with rejection? I wrote stories, and listened to sad songs, I also made a mashup of sad songs!

Where do I start?!? I can be hyper sometimes (I go mad if I drink Pepsi, Coca-Cola is OK though)... also get told that I'm quirky and random (not sure how many of my posts you've read, but apparently it comes across in some of these). Apparently, I come out with hilarious things (but I don't know that I'm doing it, so sometimes it's awkward). I once got told that I'd make a great Big Brother contestant (you may be too young for that).

I guess I'm what's known as a Marmite personality (e.g. you either love me or hate me :wink: )
No problem, just glad to help out.

It's good that he trusts you with his secrets, problems etc. but that does kinda confirm that you're friend-zoned lol. Unlike girls, guys don't (generally) want to burden crushes with issues.

Where do I start?!? I can be hyper sometimes (I go mad if I drink Pepsi, Coca-Cola is OK though)... also get told that I'm quirky and random (not sure how many of my posts you've read, but apparently it comes across in some of these). Apparently, I come out with hilarious things (but I don't know that I'm doing it, so sometimes it's awkward). I once got told that I'd make a great Big Brother contestant (you may be too young for that).

I guess I'm what's known as a Marmite personality (e.g. you either love me or hate me :wink: )

Yea true, you're right about him not being ready for a relationship yet.
Same, I get hyper for no reason, like when I have lunch on an empty stomach, I am acting all goofy!
I was told I was weird and mental my friends ahah.
I make my friends laugh, but when I am hyper I feel like the world is eyeing me with dirty looks.
I love the marmite personality quote!

p.s I have seen some of the posts, you help answer a lot of relationship questions.
Thx for everything Old Skool Freak, you've been really helpful with advice! I wish I had a friend like you (*to guide me through my teenage relationship journey)!
(edited 3 years ago)
Yea true, you're right about him not being ready for a relationship yet.
Same, I get hyper for no reason, like when I have lunch on an empty stomach, I am acting all goofy!
I was told I was weird and mental my friends ahah.
I make my friends laugh, but when I am hyper I feel like the world is eyeing me with dirty looks.
I love the marmite personality quote!

p.s I have seen some of the posts, you help answer a lot of relationship questions.
Thx for everything Old Skool Freak, you've been really helpful with advice! I wish I had a friend like you (*to guide me through my teenage relationship journey)!

Don't worry about your friends calling you weird, they're just jealous, they're Vanilla and aren't unique :tongue:

An no problem about helping you out, always happy to help out and offer a new / alternative perspective on things.

Anytime you want me to help out, leave a post on the board, tag me, and when I see it, I'll offer my thoughts... if it's a sensitive issue, you can PM me if you prefer (or again tag me if you're posting anonymously).

P.S. Forgot to answer this last time, so...

Not specific to rejection, but when I'm feeling p****d off or stressed in general, I tend to go for a hard work out down the gym.. and I'm normally as happy as an Aerobics Instructor who's just won the lottery afterwards. Alternatively, if I'm just a bit depressed in general, I'll go for a long, long walk when I can gather my thoughts.
Don't worry about your friends calling you weird, they're just jealous, they're Vanilla and aren't unique :tongue:

An no problem about helping you out, always happy to help out and offer a new / alternative perspective on things.

Anytime you want me to help out, leave a post on the board, tag me, and when I see it, I'll offer my thoughts... if it's a sensitive issue, you can PM me if you prefer (or again tag me if you're posting anonymously).

P.S. Forgot to answer this last time, so...

Not specific to rejection, but when I'm feeling p****d off or stressed in general, I tend to go for a hard work out down the gym.. and I'm normally as happy as an Aerobics Instructor who's just won the lottery afterwards. Alternatively, if I'm just a bit depressed in general, I'll go for a long, long walk when I can gather my thoughts.

I love the vanilla quote! Thx, I feel like a burden to some so I felt like I was bothering you ahah.
Thx, I will do.
Since I am in year 10 and gyms are far away from me, I tend to do high intensity workouts at home to get my mind off of teenage drama.
And yea, that's what my mum does, she always goes on long walks when home life is too stressful for her.
UPDATE: I have done nothing but he hates me. Okay, I have done something. Its complicated, lemme explain...
He is beginning to hate me. He is reluctant to sit next to me and does whatever he can to make sure that he isn't sitting near me.
I dunno why he hates me. I have told my friends who swore to keep this secret, and I can deffo trust them. He has unfollowed me and blocked me (i think...)
He seems so bored when he sits next to me. I may have spilled out too much of my life to him. Or maybe I have got to close to him.
In conclusion, I hate myself. I hate my brain for always making incorrect decisions. I hate being so awkward.
I have moved from an all girls skl to a mixed school; and I don't know how to talk to boys...
UPDATE: I have done nothing but he hates me. Okay, I have done something. Its complicated, lemme explain...
He is beginning to hate me. He is reluctant to sit next to me and does whatever he can to make sure that he isn't sitting near me.
I dunno why he hates me. I have told my friends who swore to keep this secret, and I can deffo trust them. He has unfollowed me and blocked me (i think...)
He seems so bored when he sits next to me. I may have spilled out too much of my life to him. Or maybe I have got to close to him.
In conclusion, I hate myself. I hate my brain for always making incorrect decisions. I hate being so awkward.
I have moved from an all girls skl to a mixed school; and I don't know how to talk to boys...

what do you mean by youve done something... but you dont know why he hates you? I'm kinda lost heh
also please dont get into the cycle of saying you hate yourself or your brain and if you have already try your best to get out of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending