The Student Room Group

Green Rock Consulting

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Conniegirx
Recruitment agencies/ HR managers do background checks when hiring, incl. on employment history, so you will have to explain it to them. That is why it is important.

Yes. If prospective employers try to reach out to DBD, they could easily spot a fraud, as this "company" does not have a business phone at all. I know it because I tried to call them myself. "Recommendation letter" they send you is crap; regardless of your performance you will receive the same description of your work. My story: one company promised to invite me to an interview and tell me about the exact date and time, as I had sent them my CV before I started to question the legitimacy GRC work exp. program, however, they never came back to me. Of course, there was no point from my side asking them about it, as I would have been forced to admit what I had found in the meanwhile - that my experience is without any credibility. So, it really sucks. I have removed it finally, and no I hope other people will not make the same mistake.
Original post by Conniegirx
Recruitment agencies/ HR managers do background checks when hiring, incl. on employment history, so you will have to explain it to them. That is why it is important.

True. But best to focus on the project you did rather than the company on your cv.
Ye I had massive doubts about Green Rock. Still stupid enough to enrol. Thought I’d try the Investment Analysis mentorship. Company was called Digital Banking Direct and my mentor was a Mr Weber. Couldn’t find any details on this company other than on their website. Tasks I had to do were littered with spelling mistakes and poor grammar. He (if this ‘Mr Weber’ really exists) tended to respond a day after I emailed him. Whenever I needed help his responses would also be filled with mistakes and very vague.Pretty much just have to live with the fact I’ve been scammed out of my money. Handed them my CV and they changed a few lines. They emailed me advising me to apply for 10-15 jobs per day lol. Very very confident that most of their positive reviews are fake. Absolutely gutted I’ve been duped.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Gavgavgav
Ye I had massive doubts about Green Rock. Still stupid enough to enrol. Thought I’d try the Investment Analysis mentorship. Company was called Digital Banking Direct and my mentor was a Mr Weber. Couldn’t find any details on this company other than on their website. Tasks I had to do were littered with spelling mistakes and poor grammar. He (if this ‘Mr Weber’ really exists) tended to respond a day after I emailed him. Whenever I needed help his responses would also be filled with mistakes and very vague.Pretty much just have to live with the fact I’ve been scammed out of my money. Handed them my CV and they changed a few lines. They emailed me advising me to apply for 10-15 jobs per day lol. Very very confident that most of their positive reviews are fake. Absolutely gutted I’ve been duped.

Well, welcome on board. My experience was exactly the same, every single word. They should be brought to justice for their wrongdoing.
Original post by Gavgavgav

No way?! I think everyone's experiences are different compared to which course you chose? I'm on the BA one and my mentor is Damian. I have actually been learning a lot. Especially when I look at entry BA job posts online, I check the skills/experiences they require such as being able to write business requirements...and thats literally what im doing now!
I usually get 2/3 replies from Damian a day if I do reach him early in the day. But yes I understand...not much info out there on Digital Banking Direct, but on your CV if you can highlight the stuff you learnt throughout the mentorship rather than what company you went with..it should work out hopefully
Has anyone who enrolled come to the end of their internship? How did you find it & what next steps are you doing?
So I haven't all the posts on this thread, however I have taken part in their Trainee Investment Analyst programme from July to October. My mentor was Mr. Weber, and the tasks I was set had good spelling, grammar and instructions. I found quite a few tasks challenging and whenever I sent an email for help/advice, I would receive it. Overall what I learnt through these tasks has boosted my experience.

Having no previous experience in Finance/Investment, this scheme was useful to me and its given me more to talk about. It's not as powerful as a full year in industry, but its something. I paid around £300-£400 I think for the programme and given the experience I've gained I would say it's worthwhile. They will keep sending you tasks, so the more you do the more you'll get out of it. The tasks are pre prepared.

I haven't managed to secure a role yet since graduation, so it does not guarantee employment.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi Im having a similar problem to yours. I was hoping you could help me by telling me what your experience, thoughts and opinion with them was like.Thank you
My experience is similar I did the accounting program. They did not help me get a job I had to find a role myself. They applied for some roles for me but I applied for a role and the firm was happy with the experience. If you just need experience and mentorship go for it. Dont enrol expecting a job.
Original post by roman737
My experience is similar I did the accounting program. They did not help me get a job I had to find a role myself. They applied for some roles for me but I applied for a role and the firm was happy with the experience. If you just need experience and mentorship go for it. Dont enrol expecting a job.

Exactly. I managed to get a role too. The experience definitely helps. This thread is really popping right lol people want the world and still not happy haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending