The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for Home fee status?

I have applied for university this year to start my course in the 2021/2022 cycle, as an EU National with settled status (since I have lived in the UK for more than 5 years), am I eligible for the Home fee status?
Original post by FJKAHF21
I have applied for university this year to start my course in the 2021/2022 cycle, as an EU National with settled status (since I have lived in the UK for more than 5 years), am I eligible for the Home fee status?

The UK government has not yet announced what fee category will be applicable to EU students with settled or pre-settled status.

Your best bet is to keep checking the UKCISA website for updates:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/EU-EEA--Swiss-Students/Brexit---fees-and-Student-Support

I think at least one uni is proceeding with offers based on a Home fee status, but others may put you in a pending category or hold on to your application until they know more.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
The UK government has not yet announced what fee category will be applicable to EU students with settled or pre-settled status.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/EU-EEA--Swiss-Students/Brexit---fees-and-Student-Support

I think at least one uni is proceeding with offers based on a Home fee status, but others may put you in a pending category or hold on to your application until they know more.

Thank you, I guess there is nothing left to do but wait
Original post by FJKAHF21

Hi, the government has announced this information.
EU students who have settled status and are applying as new applicants in the 21/22 academic year will be eligible for full SFE/home student funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
EU students who have settled status and are applying as new applicants in the 21/22 academic year will be eligible for full SFE/home student funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for the help, that is very reassurig.
Original post by SFE Isaac
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac. Do you have a source which includes info about pre-settled also? UKCISA have not updated their website and I could not find the the relevant update on Gov.uk
Thanks Isaac. Do you have a source which includes info about pre-settled also? UKCISA have not updated their website and I could not find the the relevant update on Gov.uk

Our internal guidance states "Generally, if an EU national is starting a course on or after 1 August 2021, they must have citizens’ rights and demonstrate this through having been granted either settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme to get student finance from SFE (please see the EU Settlement Scheme article for more information on this). This does not apply if they are an Irish citizen. Benefits of Irish citizens under the Common Travel Area arrangements will continue, meaning that Irish Citizens may be able to access student support from SFE if they meet all eligibility criteria."

Which is information the government has announced https://www.gov.uk/government/news/student-support-in-england
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending