Geography or psychology a level??????!!!!!!!!!

Watch
w12zmahmood
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
im taking chem and bio for a level defo. idk whether to take geog or pscyhology a level. i currently do geog and i am really good at it (8s and 9s constantly) in gcse. my school doesn't offer psychology a level so i have no experience with it. i really enjoy geog and i have experience but pscyhology seems SO interesting. I'm fully 50/50!! please help
emilyx248
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by w12zmahmood)
im taking chem and bio for a level defo. idk whether to take geog or pscyhology a level. i currently do geog and i am really good at it (8s and 9s constantly) in gcse. my school doesn't offer psychology a level so i have no experience with it. i really enjoy geog and i have experience but pscyhology seems SO interesting. I'm fully 50/50!! please help
I take bio chem psych (predicted A*AA and applied for medicine) I had such a hard time choosing between psych and re for my third and I’m so so glad I chose psych in the end! I actually started y13 on bio chem psych and re as I just couldn’t choose and after a half term I dropped re as I diddnt like it as much. Psych is so interesting there is such a wide range of topics so there will defo be something you enjoy. There’s elements of science eg biopsych, bio approach in approaches but it’s not at all science heavy. In comparison to bio and chem the lessons are quite laidback, the content is quite easy to understand. The real challenge with psychology is learning it all. Most of the exam is knowledge based and you just have to learn and recall the content, which means if your willing to put the effort in you will do well. There is elements of exam technique involved but it’s to easy to pick up. There’s up to 16 mark essays which is nothing in comparison to some other a levels but there’s also lots of short questions. There’s a topic research methods (biggest one in psych) where there’s no essays and that’s a little sciency and is all about how to do psych research so u look at ethics in psych research, different types of experiments/observations look at case studies etc. Hope this has helped you get a bit more of an insight into a level psych if you have any questions do let me know as I was in a very similar position to you being stuck with my third a level
Terminator01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Do Geography. So much more useful.
I did some Psychology in my final year at uni and it was pseudoscience. So much theory. Very forgetable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads