The Student Room Group

Law and French law UK

So I am applying to UCL, KCL, QMUL, Edinburgh and Glasgow( LLB with French law ). My predicted grades are 16.5/20 in French system which is equivalent to A*A*A grades (A*AA is equivalent to 15.75), however my French grade is a B(13/20) and they require an A-(14-15) in French in order to get into law and French law course, would I cut it with my current French grade or should I give up this course and aim for a normal LLB
Reply 1
Original post by SHADAZ1
So I am applying to UCL, KCL, QMUL, Edinburgh and Glasgow( LLB with French law ). My predicted grades are 16.5/20 in French system which is equivalent to A*A*A grades (A*AA is equivalent to 15.75), however my French grade is a B(13/20) and they require an A-(14-15) in French in order to get into law and French law course, would I cut it with my current French grade or should I give up this course and aim for a normal LLB

I'm applying to Glasgow for LLB with German. You still have many months before the start of university, which gives you time to improve your language skills so that you can maybe even be above the bare minimum requirement. I would keep aiming for LLB with French Law but in the meantime put a strong effort into improving your French by getting an advanced grammar practice book and greatly expanding your vocabulary (I find making myself flashcards with example sentences very helpful :smile:), as well as immersing yourself in French media to improve listening skills. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by soph4639
I'm applying to Glasgow for LLB with German. You still have many months before the start of university, which gives you time to improve your language skills so that you can maybe even be above the bare minimum requirement. I would keep aiming for LLB with French Law but in the meantime put a strong effort into improving your French by getting an advanced grammar practice book and greatly expanding your vocabulary (I find making myself flashcards with example sentences very helpful :smile:), as well as immersing yourself in French media to improve listening skills. Good luck!

issue is, in the French bac I no longer have French in grade 13 so I cannot change the grade …, however ty for the nice reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending