The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

What's the accommodation like?

Hey! I'm looking to maybe joining bath spa in 2021 and I was just wondering what the Accommodation is like. I've looked at the photos online but they didn't really look great does anyone have pictures of their room they could possibly comment so I could see? I'm hoping I could get a studio with a kitchen and ensuite but couldn't see any. thanks
Original post by phoenixp02
Hey! I'm looking to maybe joining bath spa in 2021 and I was just wondering what the Accommodation is like. I've looked at the photos online but they didn't really look great does anyone have pictures of their room they could possibly comment so I could see? I'm hoping I could get a studio with a kitchen and ensuite but couldn't see any. thanks

Hi @phoenixp02
Hope you are well :smile:!

I can definitely recommend The Depot in the heart of Bath (10-minute walking distance from the city centre). The Depot offers modern, self-contained studios with bathroom, kitchenette and living space. Inside the studio, you will find double bed, TV, fridge/freezer, desk and many more! :smile: Right outside the building there is a bus stop, which will take you to both unis or the city centre. I would be more than happy to send photos and provide more information on the studios. You can also see the website: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/bath .

I hope this helps!
Have a great day :smile:
Klaudia
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Hi , i am thinking about applying to bath spa for 2021 could someone please help me answer a few questions
What is the social life at bath university like?
What is the best accommodation for someone who is international but likes to party?(with ensuite rooms )
What is the food like around town ( restaurants /uber eats/deliveroo e.g. )?
Are the people nice around town ?
Are there a lot of international students that go to bath spa ?
Original post by Adstudent12345
Hi , i am thinking about applying to bath spa for 2021 could someone please help me answer a few questions
What is the social life at bath university like?
What is the best accommodation for someone who is international but likes to party?(with ensuite rooms )
What is the food like around town ( restaurants /uber eats/deliveroo e.g. )?
Are the people nice around town ?
Are there a lot of international students that go to bath spa ?

I'm currently in Lakeside, and both Lakeside and Gardens accommodations are pretty lively most nights, if you want to party, there's almost certainly gonna be one going on.
Not many places deliver to Newton Park because it's so out of the way, the only ones that do (as far as I know) are Domino's pizza, and ones that are on Just Eat. If you put the postcode BA2 9BN into Just eat you can have a look into what places deliver to campus. There's also quite a lot of nice places to eat when you go into town, a fair few street vendors that are pretty good, some chain places like McDonalds, Greggs, KFC, etc, and some smaller cafes. Because of lockdown I havent tried a lot of the sit in places, but Im sure theyre great! I'd recommend a takeaway sandwich stall called La Baguette :smile:
People in town are pretty nice, they'll generally leave you to do your own stuff unless you ask them for help or so. The people who run street vendors and places in the market by sainsbury's are pretty friendly as well (the indoor market by sainsbury's also has quite a lot of food stands I'd recommend! There's crepes, pizza, goulash, and there's plenty more)
From what Ive gathered theres a fair few international students

(Also, OP, sorry I can't help. I don't have a studio room & I don't know anyone who has.)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently in Lakeside, and both Lakeside and Gardens accommodations are pretty lively most nights, if you want to party, there's almost certainly gonna be one going on.
Not many places deliver to Newton Park because it's so out of the way, the only ones that do (as far as I know) are Domino's pizza, and ones that are on Just Eat. If you put the postcode BA2 9BN into Just eat you can have a look into what places deliver to campus. There's also quite a lot of nice places to eat when you go into town, a fair few street vendors that are pretty good, some chain places like McDonalds, Greggs, KFC, etc, and some smaller cafes. Because of lockdown I havent tried a lot of the sit in places, but Im sure theyre great! I'd recommend a takeaway sandwich stall called La Baguette :smile:
People in town are pretty nice, they'll generally leave you to do your own stuff unless you ask them for help or so. The people who run street vendors and places in the market by sainsbury's are pretty friendly as well (the indoor market by sainsbury's also has quite a lot of food stands I'd recommend! There's crepes, pizza, goulash, and there's plenty more)
From what Ive gathered theres a fair few international students

(Also, OP, sorry I can't help. I don't have a studio room & I don't know anyone who has.)

Hi,
Thank you so much for your help.
I just have a few more questions.
What are lakeside and garden ensuite rooms like?
How far is are they both from the newton park campus, because I am hoping to study Media and Communications and I don't really want to have a long work especially when I have morning classes? :smile:
Thank you so much for the help and sorry for all the questions
Original post by Adstudent12345
Hi,
Thank you so much for your help.
I just have a few more questions.
What are lakeside and garden ensuite rooms like?
How far is are they both from the newton park campus, because I am hoping to study Media and Communications and I don't really want to have a long work especially when I have morning classes? :smile:
Thank you so much for the help and sorry for all the questions

Dont worry about the questions, it's good that youre doing your research!!

Gardens is about a 10 minute walk away from most places where classes are, but the rooms are arguably a bit nicer. Theyre fairly small, have a double bed, a desk & window, and generally feel a bit homier than Lakeside, but it's not that much of a big deal in my opinion. Most people have gardens as their first choice. Housing is done in blocks, each building split into about 5 small houses. Each house can have 8 people in.

Lakeside (where I am) is about a 5 minute walk away from most places on campus. There's a bit more space to walk around in the rooms, and you generally get either a big cork board or 2 smaller ones to put stuff on your wall (Gardens you get one medium one). Lakeside housing is a little less homey in appearance, but it's plenty comfortable nonetheless. Lakeside buildings are larger, with buildings separated into floors instead. Each floor can house about 8 people and they get a kitchen per floor. (at least that's how it is in my building, the others might be different)

On the bath spa website there should be 360 images of the different rooms available, if you want to see what they look like. I'd take photos of mine, but it's an accessible room so it likely looks a fair bit different to the others.
Original post by Anonymous
Dont worry about the questions, it's good that youre doing your research!!

Gardens is about a 10 minute walk away from most places where classes are, but the rooms are arguably a bit nicer. Theyre fairly small, have a double bed, a desk & window, and generally feel a bit homier than Lakeside, but it's not that much of a big deal in my opinion. Most people have gardens as their first choice. Housing is done in blocks, each building split into about 5 small houses. Each house can have 8 people in.

Lakeside (where I am) is about a 5 minute walk away from most places on campus. There's a bit more space to walk around in the rooms, and you generally get either a big cork board or 2 smaller ones to put stuff on your wall (Gardens you get one medium one). Lakeside housing is a little less homey in appearance, but it's plenty comfortable nonetheless. Lakeside buildings are larger, with buildings separated into floors instead. Each floor can house about 8 people and they get a kitchen per floor. (at least that's how it is in my building, the others might be different)

On the bath spa website there should be 360 images of the different rooms available, if you want to see what they look like. I'd take photos of mine, but it's an accessible room so it likely looks a fair bit different to the others.

Thank you so much for your help !!!!
Its being really weird picking uni's without being able to see them up close so this has been really useful.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending