The Student Room Group

Is it weird that me and my best friend kiss each other’s necks

Me and my best friend (both F) have been friends now for 3 years and i’ve honestly never met anyone better. We call each other “baby” and say “i love you” and “i’m in love with you” and really mean it. We’re 100% only friends and the thought of us two being anything more seems weird and completely absurd for some reason (not in a bad way). We kiss each other on the neck and when i do it to her she seems as tho she enjoys it on a sexual level eg rolling her eyes back. I’ve never heard of any other friendship like ours considering the whole “i’m in love with you” thing. She would insist we’re nothing other than best friends (and on occasion she’ll refer to me as her wife) I’m just a bit lost with this. About a year into our friendship she asked “is it possible to be in love with your best friend, because i think i’m in love with you” hence why we both tell each other this (Edit: we’ve never come out or identified ourselves as gay or bi) I just want a possible answer to all of this. Don’t judge 🥺

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Me and my best friend (both F) have been friends now for 3 years and i’ve honestly never met anyone better. We call each other “baby” and say “i love you” and “i’m in love with you” and really mean it. We’re 100% only friends and the thought of us two being anything more seems weird and completely absurd for some reason (not in a bad way). We kiss each other on the neck and when i do it to her she seems as tho she enjoys it on a sexual level eg rolling her eyes back. I’ve never heard of any other friendship like ours considering the whole “i’m in love with you” thing. She would insist we’re nothing other than best friends (and on occasion she’ll refer to me as her wife) I’m just a bit lost with this. About a year into our friendship she asked “is it possible to be in love with your best friend, because i think i’m in love with you” hence why we both tell each other this (Edit: we’ve never come out or identified ourselves as gay or bi) I just want a possible answer to all of this. Don’t judge 🥺

if you don't have feelings for each other, i guess you guys just have a super super special and close friendship and thats rare.
She really does seem to be enjoying that kiss on the neck :biggrin: Have you ever considered that both of you are either bi or lesbians?
My best friend and I (both F) have a flirty friendship too where we refer to each other as our wife and we always flirt and make sexual references but weve never done anything physical. However we are both bi and sometimes I think she rlly likes me but idk. Maybe you guys just have a special bond but I think if you guys kiss each other like that would definitely signal to me that it's something more, but I'd talk to her if I were you
if this is just a friendship, don’t be shocked if its the reason future romantic relationships are ruined.
Original post by MadameRazz
if this is just a friendship, don’t be shocked if its the reason future romantic relationships are ruined.

Why would they be ruined?

bc most people dont want their future partners to have friends that are THAT close where they're kissing each other?

not sure your partner would appreciate you telling your friend you’re in love with her and kissing her neck. thats something people in romantic relationships do and you know that, hence why you asked if it was weird. not rocket science.
I think that neck kissing = sexual :colondollar:
Reply 9

You are so far in the Closet OP that you're literally in Narnia..
I wouldn't want to date a girl who has that sort of relationship with a friend. She is deffo bi or lesbian imo.
OP it is not weird to be gay or bi and be in a relationship with a girl but this friendship has crossed into a sexual relationship with the sexual neck kissing.
Reply 12
Are you sure she sees it as just a friendship?

Can i also add to this, we both get super jealous and pissed off at each other when we mention another guy/girl, and we are both under the impression that if me or herself were to date someone then that would be our entire friendship ruined (just to put things into perspective)
Can i also add to this, we both get super jealous and pissed off at each other when we mention another guy/girl, and we are both under the impression that if me or herself were to date someone then that would be our entire friendship ruined (just to put things into perspective)

Then your friendship has definitely crossed into a romantic if not sexual relationship. Do you personally find bisexuality, being gay weird btw?
so cute
Ermmmmmmm
Original post by karl pilkington
so cute

not as cute as an airy chinese kid
Original post by Moonlight rain
Ermmmmmmm

shut up
shut up

No, u

Quick Reply