The Student Room Group

Someone keeps phoning me

I think they are trying to scam me, they keep phoning once a day and im worried about it. I googled the number and someone said on this website they knew their names. Im really worried about it and I've blocked it but what if its someone creepy coming after me

Scroll to see replies

Block the number! If you’re really worried speak to your parents or a trusted person who will know what to do.
Well, I suppose the only way you’re ever going to find out why they keep phoning you is if you answer the phone. 🤔
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Block the number! If you’re really worried speak to your parents or a trusted person who will know what to do.

I don't know how to block
Reply 4
Original post by IanDangerously
Well, I suppose the only way you’re ever going to find out why they keep phoning you is if you answer the phone. 🤔

I answered once and they ended
I answered once and they ended

Probably just a nuisance call then, best to ignore them. They can’t scam you unless you give them any personal information over the phone.
Reply 6
Original post by IanDangerously
Probably just a nuisance call then, best to ignore them. They can’t scam you unless you give them any personal information over the phone.

It was a company number
Reply 7
Attachment not found

They've called again 🙁
People are allowed to phone you, again either google to find who it is or phone and ask them what they want. We don't know.
pick up again and try to see if they answer this time?
Original post by MilkyWay_236
pick up again and try to see if they answer this time?

I have picked up a few times
Original post by StriderHort
People are allowed to phone you, again either google to find who it is or phone and ask them what they want. We don't know.

They're doing it too much though
They're doing it too much though

Just block
Original post by Synergy~
Just block

I'm not sure how to and my last I did that but then other numbers rang me the same
I have picked up a few times

and they hang up on you right after? if that's the case get the number blocked. Do you think someone is trying to prank call u or something?
@nikkiblonsky Leave the girl alone king
Original post by MilkyWay_236
and they hang up on you right after? if that's the case get the number blocked. Do you think someone is trying to prank call u or something?

Yes and it might be prank calls but it also might be some creep
Original post by Moonlight rain

I'm a guy
Original post by Moonlight rain

gurl I gotta pay my rent tho
It was a company number

If it’s a legit company the website will show up when you google the number. If it doesn’t then it’s nothing important. Some scam companies set up company numbers and just auto ring every number under a certain dialling code.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending