The Student Room Group

FCA Graduate Scheme 2020/21

Hi, I've applied for the FCA Supervision grad scheme and have the telephone interview coming up and wanted to know if anyone who has any tips? What kind of questions were you asked?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I had my interview today, how did it go for you?
Reply 2
I haven’t had mine yet, it’s next Monday!! Was your interview okay?
Original post by nadine13
I haven’t had mine yet, it’s next Monday!! Was your interview okay?

Yeah, it was okay, but I was so nervous, my voice was shaking a lot! The guy that interviewed me was super nice, and the questions are very basic, so there is no need to worry. Let me know how it goes for you on monday!
I've got mine this week! hope you guys interviews went well, any tips on what kind of questions they asked?
Has anybody heard anything yet about the assessment centre yet? Last thing I heard was a couple of weeks ago saying that will be considered at the shortlisting stage?
Reply 6
Original post by lewisb1999
Has anybody heard anything yet about the assessment centre yet? Last thing I heard was a couple of weeks ago saying that will be considered at the shortlisting stage?

nope, in the same position as you. I also received the same email 2 days after my interview. At that point, they were still finalising the assessment centre process so I wouldn't worry at this point :smile:
Reply 7
I had my interview today and the interviewer said it would be a couple of weeks before they started shortlisting
Reply 8
Original post by Sonia_3
nope, in the same position as you. I also received the same email 2 days after my interview. At that point, they were still finalising the assessment centre process so I wouldn't worry at this point :smile:

Hi, did I understand correctly that only the people who passed the video interview get through to the shortlisting process? And then only a few of those get to the assessment centre?
Reply 9
Original post by pu2020
Hi, did I understand correctly that only the people who passed the video interview get through to the shortlisting process? And then only a few of those get to the assessment centre?

I think so. After 2 days of the phone interview, I saw the updated status as "currently on hold" on the portal. Not sure if everyone awaiting updates for the AC see the same message?
Does anyone know when the AC will be? If it says we will hear back 1-2 weeks before, when can we expect an update?
Original post by georgiacr18
Does anyone know when the AC will be? If it says we will hear back 1-2 weeks before,I had when can we expect an update?

I had my interview on the 6th November and she said they have pencilled in the first assessment centre for the week of the 7th, unless that has changed we should find out soon
Original post by lewisb1999
I had my interview on the 6th November and she said they have pencilled in the first assessment centre for the week of the 7th, unless that has changed we should find out soon

My interviewer said it would be the week commencing on 11 Jan and/or 18 Jan.
Reply 13
Hi! Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard back for the Summer Programme, I couldn't find a thread for it. Thanks!
Original post by GYX
Hi! Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard back for the Summer Programme, I couldn't find a thread for it. Thanks

Hi, I couldn't find one either! I emailed them about it and they said they are having to prioritise applications for the graduate scheme so it is slightly delayed. I haven't received any emails about it, however, I checked on my application status and it says that they would be in contact shortly to invite me for an interview, so try to check your application status as it may have updated, good luck! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by rebeccagirma
Hi, I couldn't find one either! I emailed them about it and they said they are having to prioritise applications for the graduate scheme so it is slightly delayed. I haven't received any emails about it, however, I checked on my application status and it says that they would be in contact shortly to invite me for an interview, so try to check your application status as it may have updated, good luck! :smile:

Hi just checked my status and it’s also “in contact shortly for interview”. Thanks for emailing them, it’s reassuring to know they are prioritising grads but have reviewed the summers.
Have you guys heard back? I had an email last week to say I didn't make it to the first assessment centre. Really disappointed as it was my first choice from all the grad schemes I've applied for, but I'd still be considered for any future assessment centres.
Original post by Sonia_3
Have you guys heard back? I had an email last week to say I didn't make it to the first assessment centre. Really disappointed as it was my first choice from all the grad schemes I've applied for, but I'd still be considered for any future assessment centres.

I still haven’t heard anything and I completed my interview back on the 6th November. Hopefully I will hear something soon, not too sure what to think at this point
I’ve been invited to an assessment centre. Heard back I think 1-2 weeks ago, it’s on Wednesday
Original post by georgiacr18
I’ve been invited to an assessment centre. Heard back I think 1-2 weeks ago, it’s on Wednesday

When did you have your interview and what stream did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest