The Student Room Group

How does someone go about losing their virginity in a tier 3 area?

I am 19 and I am still a virgin. This fact really upsets me and is a drag on my self esteem. I have never had much of a social life. I thought when I started university it would be the beginning of my social life and somewhere I could finally cease to be a shut in.

But then we had a pandemic and I happen to be in a tier 3 area. There are no clubs or societies on (unless you count zoom calls) and I don't really see the people on my course that much, and if course I can't go to a bar or club to meet people. How do I go about doing this? How does a normal person go about losing their virginity whilst respecting social distancing rules, because most people have by my age.

Scroll to see replies

If you’re a girl, go on a dating website and I can guarantee there will be someone who wants to bang you
It’s not your fault that you can’t at the minute, so you’re probably better off waiting. It’s still perfectly normal to lose it in your 20s so don’t be too disheartened if you can. There’s nothing wrong with you because of this, at all.
You...can't? Under tier 3, you're not allowed to meet people who aren't part of your household indoors.
Everyone is in the same boat, though - it's frustrating and depressing. But please don't build being a virgin up so much, lots of 19-25yos haven't had sex and it doesn't mean anything. It's not going to magically fix any social problems, either - joining a sports club is much more likely to do that! As you get more comfortable with yourself and get more of a social network around you, you may well find that a relationship follows naturally and by then the restrictions are over too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ashtolga23
It’s not your fault that you can’t at the minute, so you’re probably better off waiting. It’s still perfectly normal to lose it in your 20s so don’t be too disheartened if you can. There’s nothing wrong with you because of this, at all.

I feel like most people have lost it. I will not let myself be a 20 year old virgin. I'm not bad looking, I just don't get opportunities to be social.
Reply 5
Original post by becausethenight
You...can't? Under tier 3, you're not allowed to meet people who aren't part of your household indoors.
Everyone is in the same boat, though - it's frustrating and depressing. But please don't build being a virgin up so much, lots of 19-25yos haven't had sex and it doesn't mean anything. It's not going to magically fix any social problems, either - joining a sports club is much more likely to do that! As you get more comfortable with yourself and get more of a social network around you, you may well find that a relationship follows naturally and by then the restrictions are over too :smile:

I fell like most people have lost their virginity by my age though. I certainly feel like I am missing out.
Reply 6
Original post by Moonlight rain
If you’re a girl, go on a dating website and I can guarantee there will be someone who wants to bang you

I'm not a girl and I have tried online dating to no avail.
Original post by Anonymous
I fell like most people have lost their virginity by my age though. I certainly feel like I am missing out.

Welcome to 2020, the year of everyone missing out.

Yes - and most of them regret it! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46794269
You wait until the end of the pandemic.
Original post by StriderHort
Welcome to 2020, the year of everyone missing out.

Except everyone around me it seems. They are all going to parties, having one night stands, etc. I'm the only one in my dorm who actually tries to follow the rules.

I’m 20, also a virgin but by choice. It’s really not that important. There are better feelings to have than sex like eating a delicious cheese burger
Original post by barnetlad
You wait until the end of the pandemic.

By that time I will probably be in my 30s or 40s and my shelf life would have long expired.
It’s not that deep to be 20 and a virgin, it’s all in your head. If you rush it now it’ll probably be sh*t anyway
By that time I will probably be in my 30s or 40s and my shelf life would have long expired.

I think you should be spending time brushing up your maths.
Original post by becausethenight
Yes - and most of them regret it! https://www.bbc.co.uk/newshealth-46794269

It's not necessarily sex that concerns me, but there fact that I have never had any form of social life. I have never been on a night out or to a party even before covid. No one has ever wanted to be my griend. I thought that would end at uni, but obviously not.
Reply 16
You dont.
Very sad that your self esteem is dependant on whether you’re a virgin or not. Literally no one (at university or otherwise) could care less. I’ve been at uni for 4 years and not once have people started a conversation to compare or belittle anyone’s sex-life.
Start talking to (multiple) people on dating apps now and meet them when restrictions end. Are any of your housemates/flatmates attractive? Try getting closer to them maybe.
Honestly though, you're still a teenager so don't be so hard on yourself, it's a lot more common than you think, people just don't talk about it. But I understand if it's something you are self-conscious about but plenty of normal, attractive boys and girls lose it in their early twenties!
I am 19 and I am still a virgin. This fact really upsets me and is a drag on my self esteem. I have never had much of a social life. I thought when I started university it would be the beginning of my social life and somewhere I could finally cease to be a shut in.

But then we had a pandemic and I happen to be in a tier 3 area. There are no clubs or societies on (unless you count zoom calls) and I don't really see the people on my course that much, and if course I can't go to a bar or club to meet people. How do I go about doing this? How does a normal person go about losing their virginity whilst respecting social distancing rules, because most people have by my age.

This is quite obviously physically impossible as it would require the involvement of a penis longer than 6ft somewhere along the line. :laugh:

If you’re in one of these big student flat blocks and people are kinda pretending to respect social distancing rules outside but still congregating under the radar inside the building then it’s easy enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending