The Student Room Group

driving theory test resources

My test is next month and I'm planning on getting the app and book but idk if the book is worth it....
Is there anything we wouldn't think of needing to revise or have as a resource?
How and how long did you revise for to pass it?
When I was preparing for my theory test, I used a MCQ book and prepared for 2 weeks. Got full marks in the MCQ and passed the hazard perception first time.

Having said that, I'm more of a visual learner, so it wasn't particularly difficult for me to learn from the book. £15 for a book is OK, but I'd prefer if they sold it at £8-9, considering the value of the information you get.
Reply 2
Personally, I bought the £10 bundle from the app store. I'd buy the actual DVLA apps, and not those from other companies. I THINK the bundle included the highway code, hazard perception and a mock test app.

I read highway code first, then done the mock test app till i got an average of 90%
Go to your local bookshop and see if there are any books for driving.
Original post by tinygirl96
Go to your local bookshop and see if there are any books for driving.

can't rn bc lockdown but we'll see after lockdown.

Original post by Shah99
Personally, I bought the £10 bundle from the app store. I'd buy the actual DVLA apps, and not those from other companies. I THINK the bundle included the highway code, hazard perception and a mock test app.

I read highway code first, then done the mock test app till i got an average of 90%

what is this £10 bundle? i got the dvla app yup. niceee ok ty

Original post by MindMax2000
When I was preparing for my theory test, I used a MCQ book and prepared for 2 weeks. Got full marks in the MCQ and passed the hazard perception first time.

Having said that, I'm more of a visual learner, so it wasn't particularly difficult for me to learn from the book. £15 for a book is OK, but I'd prefer if they sold it at £8-9, considering the value of the information you get.

do u have the name of the mcq book? cld compare that to the other and see which i may get?
also wow congrats!! that's so good! im also quite a visual learner so yay. yh same it's a bit too much imo
I bet you can still get those driving test dvds or similar.
I always found those useful.
Original post by hobinobichimchim
can't rn bc lockdown but we'll see after lockdown.

what is this £10 bundle? i got the dvla app yup. niceee ok ty

do u have the name of the mcq book? cld compare that to the other and see which i may get?
also wow congrats!! that's so good! im also quite a visual learner so yay. yh same it's a bit too much imo

I've done the theory a while back, and I don't think the company does the book anymore.

Try DLVA's book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/official-theory-drivers-Driving-Skills/dp/0115536582/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=dvla+car+theory&qid=1606508596&s=digital-text&sr=1-17-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzT0lDT0JMNEk4M0lUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc1OTcxMVVFRjMyUzlNQjI3VSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTgyNzE3MkJUOTkwV04wMVowQSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0Zl9uZXh0JmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

AA's book should also be good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Theory-Test-Highway-Code/dp/0749578076/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=aa+car+theory&qid=1606508973&refinements=p_n_availability%3A428631031&rnid=428630031&s=books&sr=1-4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending