The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hii!

im interested in applying for children’s nursing but due to the coronavirus, have found it hard to get any work experience this year. would this affect my application?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by lyb915
hii!

im interested in applying for children’s nursing but due to the coronavirus, have found it hard to get any work experience this year. would this affect my application?

i didn’t have experience specific to nursing however i did have a part-time job so i just linked whatever i spoke about from my work to nursing. can i ask if you have any work experience at all? or any events you’ve attended or anything that you think would be good to include? as long as you can link it to nursing then you’ll be fine!
Reply 3
Original post by meems22
i'll be starting children's nursing at KCL in sept 2021

thought i'd make this thread if anyone has questions about the application process or anything really

reply below!!

I'm hoping to apply for nursing at KCL this year. Do you have any tips/advice on the personal statement and interview? I'm so worried I won't get accepted :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Nx_.1
I'm hoping to apply for nursing at KCL this year. Do you have any tips/advice on the personal statement and interview? I'm so worried I won't get accepted :frown:

hey! i’ll reply to your messages :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Nx_.1

Don’t worry too much ! within you personal statement, just write the skills you’ve learn through things like doing presentations or experiments in class and relate it to nursing. For the interview, I wouldn’t stress it xx
Hi, I had my interview almost a month ago, I was told it would be one to two weeks to get an answer. Has anyone heard from them? KCL is my first choice.
Original post by patrick123321
Hi, I had my interview almost a month ago, I was told it would be one to two weeks to get an answer. Has anyone heard from them? KCL is my first choice.

What was interview like?
Original post by meems22
i'll be starting children's nursing at KCL in sept 2021

thought i'd make this thread if anyone has questions about the application process or anything really

reply below!!

Hi, what subjects did you study in alevels/btec etc and what grades did you get, like did you meet the entry requirements. Have you already been offered a place or are you waiting still?
Original post by subwaygirl
What was interview like?

I am so sorry but i am not allowed to discuss. have you applied to nursing @ KCL?
Original post by username5474002
I am so sorry but i am not allowed to discuss. have you applied to nursing @ KCL?

Can I ask what your predicted grades and if you met the entry requirements?
Reply 11

they had delays in responses last year so don’t worry too much (pretty sure mine took 4 or 5 weeks)
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, what subjects did you study in alevels/btec etc and what grades did you get, like did you meet the entry requirements. Have you already been offered a place or are you waiting still?

hi :smile:

i did a level bio chem & psych, i achieved 1 grade higher than my offer and yes i’ve got my place to start in september! (i’m on a gap year)
Reply 13
Hi, I had my interview almost a month ago, I was told it would be one to two weeks to get an answer. Has anyone heard from them? KCL is my first choice

me too!!!
hi I just wanted to know what your grades were, and if kcl are lenient
Reply 15
Original post by Taehyunggggg
hi I just wanted to know what your grades were, and if kcl are lenient

hi, i’m not sure how lenient they are as i got a grade above my offer therefore got accepted, sorry
hopefully someone else sees this who may have better knowledge about kcl’s leniency and can help you :smile:

i heard back a week after, have u heard yet x
Reply 17
Original post by louisak02
i heard back a week after, have u heard yet x

when did u do ur interview?
Original post by h5f3
when did u do ur interview?

had it on the 10th and heard back one week after but i spoke to another girl and they took just over two weeks to get back to her x
Reply 19
Original post by louisak02
had it on the 10th and heard back one week after but i spoke to another girl and they took just over two weeks to get back to her x

oh okay I hope it was good news

Latest