The Student Room Group

Biology essay

Hi
I have an essay on 'compare the processes of translation and transcription in plants' but I need to cite and reference and cant find any good resources on these. could you please help thank you
Original post by sarah.xoxo
Hi
I have an essay on 'compare the processes of translation and transcription in plants' but I need to cite and reference and cant find any good resources on these. could you please help thank you

Hi, have a look on scopus, web of science and pubmed. Do you have access to a library gateway with your course? I always find this a good place to start. You could also message other students on your coarse and ask them how they are finding resources?

Im sorry if this isn't much help.
Original post by sarah.xoxo
Hi

Hi Sarah,
1. Go to:-
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Then select PMC from the dropdown for databases, and enter search terms in the field immediately to the right of this - you will get hundreds of papers listed with FOC access to .pdf files for the majority.

2. Try google scholar

For your search terms, try using the boolean operators [AND in the main [in all upper case]], which will narrow down your search and give you a smaller number of more relevant results.

If still stuck, pls feel free to PM me.
M.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending