The Student Room Group

Work coach isn't replying

So I've got a job which is 8 hours a week minimum (starting tomorrow). However, the issue is that it would take me nearly 2 hours and 30 mins to get home if given the late shift (of which I have been given both late shifts in the first week) because I am depending on public transport. When I applied, I said I was fully available (which I am), however I assumed the working day would be 8-5 and not 7-9. I also wasn't aware of disruptions to public transport. Basically, if I am given a Friday night shift-I am unable to get home until 6am the next morning. And I can't ask them for certain shifts now because I said that I am fully available. So I would have to depend on someone wanting to swap shifts. However, the only ones that are swappable are the morning ones (7am start) in which I would arrive 25 mins late. I'm just wondering where I stand with this because I am on Universal credit. I have an interview for a job which is a 20 walk from my house and that is also 8 hours. With that, I can also pick up extra shifts. Does anyone have any experience with this? If I got this other job, do I have a claim with universal credit that they would overlap and I wouldn't be able to do the other one? My other issue is, I messaged my work coach a week ago asking for a budgeting advance (£100 minimum to help me) because, tbh, I can't afford the public transport (£22.50 a week) when I don't get paid until December 31st. I would also use some of it for clothes for work which atm I don't have. There are also two other jobs I'm hopeful for and they are 16 hours, alongside a working from home job which is 37 hours. I just can't get a response. Do I phone the service centre?
I was wondering how the jobs affect UC, how much does UC go down when you take on a job?
Original post by route255
I was wondering how the jobs affect UC, how much does UC go down when you take on a job?

They take 63p out of every pound you earn I think
My circumstances have changed from this message but basically I'm wondering- if I find a job where I live for the same hours that the other job is offering-would Universal credit penalise me for quitting the one to work for the other? All of the jobs require me to be flexible so I don't think I could make two work at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending