The Student Room Group

Does Edexcel do EPQs? Why is it not on ucas?

Hi ,

I'm really confused about EPQ. On ucas it says the only awarding organisations for EPQ are AQA ,ASDAN, City & Guilds, OCR ,VTCT ,WJEC. But my teacher told me that our school does edexcel? I'm baffled. Maybe my teacher got it wrong?
Reply 1
Pearson Edexcel does offer EPQs - in fact they invented them with their pilot Perspectives on Science course in the 2000s. I think you may have found the wrong qualification as I do not think ASDAN offers EPQs.

It's a Level 3 Extended Project Qualification.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Pearson Edexcel does offer EPQs - in fact they invented them with their pilot Perspectives on Science course in the 2000s. I think you may have found the wrong qualification as I do not think ASDAN offers EPQs.

It's a Level 3 Extended Project Qualification.

Thank you! I've accidentally left EPQ off my application and am now filling out an amendment form for it. Where it says "qualification level/type" and

"subject/qualification title", what should you write? Because I've submitted my application already I can't scroll through the options anymore
Reply 3
Original post by cat1234!
Thank you! I've accidentally left EPQ off my application and am now filling out an amendment form for it. Where it says "qualification level/type" and

"subject/qualification title", what should you write? Because I've submitted my application already I can't scroll through the options anymore

It's neither an A level nor an AS level. It is a Level 3 Project qualification and I guess the best subject is 'Extended Project' So many people do them that I'm sure universities will have no problem understanding that.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It's neither an A level nor an AS level. It is a Level 3 Project qualification and I guess the best subject is 'Extended Project' So many people do them that I'm sure universities will have no problem understanding that.

Okay, just to double check, for qualification type, you write 'level 3 project', and for 'subject title' you write extended project qualification?
Reply 5
Original post by cat1234!
Okay, just to double check, for qualification type, you write 'level 3 project', and for 'subject title' you write extended project qualification?

Without being able to check, that's my best guess.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Without being able to check, that's my best guess.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest