The Student Room Group

2020 Mocks

I’m in the middle of doing my mocks and I was almost certain of the maths paper they were going to use so the night before i found a youtube video walking through the exam and i followed along, i now feel like i may have cheated myself and don’t deserve the scores i’ll get but at the same time these results could be our gcse results so i want to do well
i’m torn between carrying on doing past papers because i love to revise from them or not doing any so i get real results, but i won’t get as high if i can’t practice exam questions
does anyone have any advice please?
Original post by username58299163
I’m in the middle of doing my mocks and I was almost certain of the maths paper they were going to use so the night before i found a youtube video walking through the exam and i followed along, i now feel like i may have cheated myself and don’t deserve the scores i’ll get but at the same time these results could be our gcse results so i want to do well
i’m torn between carrying on doing past papers because i love to revise from them or not doing any so i get real results, but i won’t get as high if i can’t practice exam questions
does anyone have any advice please?

Your teacher will guess you've cheated - I can tell a mile off.
Original post by Muttley79

how can you tell
Original post by Muttley79

i don’t think they will, i’m predicted an 8 in maths and tend to do well and i definitely got the last question wrong as i completely forgot what to do so it won’t look suspicious me getting an 8 or 9, i’m more thinking weather i should now practice past papers knowing they could come up for the rest of my exams
i don’t think they will, i’m predicted an 8 in maths and tend to do well and i definitely got the last question wrong as i completely forgot what to do so it won’t look suspicious me getting an 8 or 9, i’m more thinking weather i should now practice past papers knowing they could come up for the rest of my exams

well u have to pick between getting really top grades which could be helpful if gcse's are cancelled or do the morally right thing and get the full experience of doing exams
Original post by romayssa
how can you tell

The mark and the way questions are answered.
well u have to pick between getting really top grades which could be helpful if gcse's are cancelled or do the morally right thing and get the full experience of doing exams

that’s the problem with this year lol
we have no idea how important our mocks are which is scary, i’m thinking of doing past papers for these mocks, particularly because we weren’t given long to revise and do my trial exams in february properly, and even if i do cheat on these it will only be maths and maybe chemistry
Reply 7
Even in countries in the UK where they have "cancelled" GCSEs and A-levels, they're still doing tests in exam conditions in the classroom to determine the grades, and they won't be using past papers for it. Whatever happens with coronavirus they're not repeating this year's mess either.
that’s the problem with this year lol
we have no idea how important our mocks are which is scary, i’m thinking of doing past papers for these mocks, particularly because we weren’t given long to revise and do my trial exams in february properly, and even if i do cheat on these it will only be maths and maybe chemistry

yh ur reason for doing the papers is justified. Do u have the aqa chemistry paper 1 questions
yh ur reason for doing the papers is justified. Do u have the aqa chemistry paper 1 questions

no i’ve not been able to find the science ones sorry, i’ve already done physics so know some questions but i think i’ll just check the unofficial markschemes to check for any big question i should revise
Original post by Sinnoh
Even in countries in the UK where they have "cancelled" GCSEs and A-levels, they're still doing tests in exam conditions in the classroom to determine the grades, and they won't be using past papers for it. Whatever happens with coronavirus they're not repeating this year's mess either.

i know they’re doing that but they will take into account mock grades and i obviously want to do well because they will weight most of our grade with teacher assessment (mocks)
no i’ve not been able to find the science ones sorry, i’ve already done physics so know some questions but i think i’ll just check the unofficial markschemes to check for any big question i should revise

yes please is this for aqa higher
keep using past papers it's not cheating if you're using them for revision, they're definitely the best way to revise, it's not cheating at all
i know they’re doing that but they will take into account mock grades and i obviously want to do well because they will weight most of our grade with teacher assessment (mocks)

Wait so did u do the 2019 paper and r u sure they are using 2019 papers for our mocks
Wait so did u do the 2019 paper and r u sure they are using 2019 papers for our mocks

All schools do mocks differently, ours did a combination of past paper questions and ones they come up with themselves!
Original post by laurawatt
All schools do mocks differently, ours did a combination of past paper questions and ones they come up with themselves!

for normal end of unit tests were they past papers or made up ones

Quick Reply