The Student Room Group

Friend keep calling

Him and the others said on the group chat are we video calling tonight and the others said ok then I said I have a cold so I'm not going to be able to. I think fine they'll do their call without me but then they start calling me so I think its a mistake and decline it then they keep calling. I answer, they greet me but I say I have to go because I have a cold then hang up and I hear the guy say that its not an excuse that I have a cold just before the call ends and they keep calling me ive had to put my phone away because I couldn't use it because they kept calling it was jamming up my phone. I don't know what to to do because I have a cold so can't talk and even if I didn't want to talk and didn't have a cold thats a valid excuse not to talk because its upto me if I want to talk or not.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Him and the others said on the group chat are we video calling tonight and the others said ok then I said I have a cold so I'm not going to be able to. I think fine they'll do their call without me but then they start calling me so I think its a mistake and decline it then they keep calling. I answer, they greet me but I say I have to go because I have a cold then hang up and I hear the guy say that its not an excuse that I have a cold just before the call ends and they keep calling me ive had to put my phone away because I couldn't use it because they kept calling it was jamming up my phone. I don't know what to to do because I have a cold so can't talk and even if I didn't want to talk and didn't have a cold thats a valid excuse not to talk because its upto me if I want to talk or not.

Just be honest with your friends about how you're feeling about things. I think it's good that you and your friendship group are keeping in regular contact via video call during these challenging times, but do be frank with them about how you also need some time out for yourself. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Just be honest with your friends about how you're feeling about things. I think it's good that you and your friendship group are keeping in regular contact via video call during these challenging times, but do be frank with them about how you also need some time out for yourself. Hope this helps! :smile:

I think it will upset them
Reply 3
Bump
Bump

This is like the 10th time i've seen you post the *bump* phrase lol
Just don’t pick up the phone.
Reply 6
Original post by Maxistan YT
This is like the 10th time i've seen you post the *bump* phrase lol

Because no one is replying
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
Just don’t pick up the phone.

They kept ringing to the point I couldn't use my phone

Answer the call, stay in the line for like 5-10 minutes, complain a lot about how unwell you're, cough, sneeze etc. Ask a family member to walk into your room and ask loudly why you're not in bed, you look terrible? Then apologize 'sorry guys i can't stay up any longer, better go back to bed.' and hang up.
Reply 9
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
Answer the call, stay in the line for like 5-10 minutes, complain a lot about how unwell you're, cough, sneeze etc. Ask a family member to walk into your room and ask loudly why you're not in bed, you look terrible? Then apologize 'sorry guys i can't stay up any longer, better go back to bed.' and hang up.

Great mate 👍
They kept ringing to the point I couldn't use my phone

So block them
So block them

They are my friends
They are my friends

So? Unblock them later when they’ve stopped annoying you.
It’s really not that deep.
So? Unblock them later when they’ve stopped annoying you.
It’s really not that deep.

Yes
Yes

Excellent. We done with this now?
Excellent. We done with this now?

Yes, good night
Original post by Ruqaiyahhhh_
everyones being so fhffhhf about it. if you dont feel comfortable then tell them or cover your camera using a sticky note? im sure they'll understand if they dont then theyre sh''t friends tell them you feel like sh''t and that you're ill and dont wanna show ur face or video call with your blanket over ur face? im sure they'll understand if you tell them lmao. if you dotn feel comfortable tell them trust me ive been through stuff with my mates and i havent told them it makes me uncomfortable and it just got worser and worser to the point where i acc hated them :/ yeah lol. good luck! :smile:

I just didn't want to call
I just didn't want to call

tell them .
tell them .

I'd prefer it if you don't tell me what to do
LOOOOOOOOOL i was literally trying to help but okay g dont come on tsr asking for help and then saying 'I pRefEr It If YoU dOn'T tElL mE wHaT tO do' move you weirdo

Reported

Quick Reply

Latest