The Student Room Group

New girlfriend - what present?

We started going out a few months ago - then wouldn't you know it lockdown followed by me going into self isolation.

She's now asked what I'd like for Christmas even though we've only been together for a grand total of a few weeks.

I'm thinking it's time to pop the big question. I'm going to ask her for a PS5.

This, as far as I am concerned is like in the Old Testament when God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son to prove his devotion to Him. I see it as an absolute win. If she gets it for me - I have a PS5. If she comes back at me with some excuse then I can tell her it was a all a test and I never intended for her to actually get it for me.

(she can totally afford it. She wears a suit to work even when she's on Teams calls and her job title has the word "risk" in it)

Thoughts?
(edited 3 years ago)
Gift cards
You may aswell ask her to buy you a mansion while you’re at it son
Original post by Trinculo
We started going out a few months ago - then wouldn't you know it lockdown followed by me going into self isolation.

She's now asked what I'd like for Christmas even though we've only been together for a grand total of a few weeks.

This, as far as I am concerned is like in the Old Testament when God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son to prove his devotion to Him. I see it as an absolute win. If she gets it for me - I have a PS5. If she comes back at me with some excuse then I can tell her it was a all a test and I never intended for her to actually get it for me.

(she can totally afford it. She wears a suit to work even when she's on Teams calls and her job title has the word "risk" in it)

Thoughts?

If you're willing to spend roughly the same amount of money on her present, then go ahead.
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
Gift cards

£470 of amazon gift cards? A bit impersonal, but yeh, that'll do it.
Reply 5
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
If you're willing to spend roughly the same amount of money on her present, then go ahead.

Why? A relationship isn't a contest. We also earn different amounts.
Reply 6
Original post by Moonlight rain
You may aswell ask her to buy you a mansion while you’re at it son

That's hardly realistic, is it?
A massage chair

Thoughts?

I’m assuming this is a troll post once again. 🙄
you're a lesbiann?
U should get her Everton tix...

Attachment not found

After that, she will do anything u want and with bells on...:wink:
Why? A relationship isn't a contest. We also earn different amounts.

No, it's not a contest, it's equality. If you ask for an expensive present and don't want to reciprocate it, you're nothing but a sponger.
That’s a nice fantasy scenario
Just think about this though... how amazing would it be, if she bought you a PS5, when you didn't even ask for it?

That's how you know shes the girl of your dreams who understand you.. when they get you what you want, without you asking. Any rich kid can you buy you what you ask for, but to get you what you want without asking - that's the girl for you.

Bonus points, if she gets you something you don't want now, but in 5 years time you sit and think - **** me that was a good present, I've been using it for years and years and I didn't even know I wanted it.
Promise ring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending