The Student Room Group

What should I do with EPQ and UCAS?

I have left my epq off my ucas application and I have mentioned it in my personal statement and it's been stated clear that I had already started writing it. One of the teachers said I should turn it into something positive by saying that 'since applying, I've decided to do an epq' and said that they won't link it to my personal statement whereas another teacher said that I should just be honest because I've mentioned it in my personal statement.

What should I do?
I believe that if you’ve been entered for it, you have to declare it on the ucas application, if you’ve already sent your application off then you’d either need to get in contact with ucas or the universities you’ve applied to (depending on how long it’s been sent off for)
Contact UCAS and ask them to add it onto your application - they might tell you to notify your teachers too
Reply 3
Original post by laurawatt
I believe that if you’ve been entered for it, you have to declare it on the ucas application, if you’ve already sent your application off then you’d either need to get in contact with ucas or the universities you’ve applied to (depending on how long it’s been sent off for)

Yes, that's what I meant. That's why I'm sending emails to each university to explain. But I'm just debating over which excuse I should use.One of the teachers said I should turn it into something positive by saying that 'since applying, I've decided to do an epq' and said that they won't link it to my personal statement whereas another teacher said that I should just be honest because I've mentioned it in my personal statement.
Original post by cat1234!
Yes, that's what I meant. That's why I'm sending emails to each university to explain. But I'm just debating over which excuse I should use.One of the teachers said I should turn it into something positive by saying that 'since applying, I've decided to do an epq' and said that they won't link it to my personal statement whereas another teacher said that I should just be honest because I've mentioned it in my personal statement.

Well you’ve mentioned it on your personal statement and if they see that you’ve lied then they probably won’t look on your application very favourably! Just tell the truth

Or as casabonita has said above, contact ucas to see if they can add it on
Reply 5
Well you’ve mentioned it on your personal statement and if they see that you’ve lied then they probably won’t look on your application very favourably! Just tell the truth

Or as casabonita has said above, contact ucas to see if they can add it on

Sure, I did call them. They asked me to fill out a form as well send emails to each university. Can I say something along the line of "it appears that my epq was mistakenly left out..."
Original post by cat1234!
Sure, I did call them. They asked me to fill out a form as well send emails to each university. Can I say something along the line of "it appears that my epq was mistakenly left out..."

I mean I’m not a UCAS expert but I guess so :smile: you’ll need to tell them your predicted grade and you’ll probably need to include your UCAS ID number too
Reply 7
I mean I’m not a UCAS expert but I guess so :smile: you’ll need to tell them your predicted grade and you’ll probably need to include your UCAS ID number too

Sure, thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending