The Student Room Group

Signs female friends like you

What are signs that a shy female friend likes you as more than a friend. And is it generally a good idea or bad idea to ask a friend out?

Scroll to see replies

She wants to be with you over any other guy. For little things. like she wants to be your partner or she wants to help you.
She would have probably told her best friend so u could find out that way.
She will probably laugh more at what you say and try to please you and make you happy
you might catch her watching you. not in a creepy way just as she thinks abt how much she likes you
Reply 2
Original post by Driftway
She wants to be with you over any other guy. For little things. like she wants to be your partner or she wants to help you.
She would have probably told her best friend so u could find out that way.
She will probably laugh more at what you say and try to please you and make you happy
you might catch her watching you. not in a creepy way just as she thinks abt how much she likes you

We’ve known each other 3 years but I was never that close to her before, she was just in the circle of friends and I occasionally spoke to her. In a group, she talks to me over any other guy and sometimes seems like she’s following me even if I’m taking to others. She tries to butt in the conversation too. If I ask if she wants to do something she won’t say no unless she’s thinking of seeing her parents or siblings then. If she’s not keen on something she’ll say so but might do it anyway. She laughs at my jokes and if I make prolonged eye contact, she’ll maintain it for 5 seconds then look away. She asks me lots of questions and tells me everything too. But confused because she rarely texts me first and never initiates plans with me.
If you like this girl, then yeah go for it. There is no way of actually knowing until you ask. It does sound as if she likes you too tbf. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
If you like this girl, then yeah go for it. There is no way of actually knowing until you ask. It does sound as if she likes you too tbf. Good luck! :smile:

yea i recon what they said. go for it
she sounds like she may like u but it could also be a friend thing. maybe try hinting to her and ****
Reply 5
yea i recon what they said. go for it
she sounds like she may like u but it could also be a friend thing. maybe try hinting to her and ****

How do I hint? I’m worried if she doesn’t feel the same she won’t want to talk to me again.
Reply 6
I would have thought I would have made it fairly obvious by wanting to see her alone every weekend for the past 8 weeks and always trying to make prolonged eye contact with her. I also asked if she wanted to bubble but she was already in a bubble with her siblings so she just said “potentially, but we’ll see what the rules are when they’re announced.” I asked last week before the new tier rules were announced.
Original post by Anonymous
I would have thought I would have made it fairly obvious by wanting to see her alone every weekend for the past 8 weeks and always trying to make prolonged eye contact with her. I also asked if she wanted to bubble but she was already in a bubble with her siblings so she just said “potentially, but we’ll see what the rules are when they’re announced.” I asked last week before the new tier rules were announced.

then maybe its time to just go for it
I'm not saying she doesn't like you. but its clearly been a long time you've been into her
as long as your ok with it being awkward for a bit after if she says no
Reply 8
then maybe its time to just go for it
I'm not saying she doesn't like you. but its clearly been a long time you've been into her
as long as your ok with it being awkward for a bit after if she says no

I don’t mind it being awkward for a bit if it resolves itself and we can still be friends. But also I don’t want her to think I befriended her just to get a date with her. Because I never was into her until recently. I generally avoid dating friends or falling for them but I think it was a combination of her showing me interest, getting to know her better and mutual friends thinking she likes me.
I don’t mind it being awkward for a bit if it resolves itself and we can still be friends. But also I don’t want her to think I befriended her just to get a date with her. Because I never was into her until recently. I generally avoid dating friends or falling for them but I think it was a combination of her showing me interest, getting to know her better and mutual friends thinking she likes me.

tel her that then
tel her that then

Is it best to just ask her on a date?
tel her that then

So is the best way to do this without making her feel too uncomfortable to ask her on a date?
The issue is she also never texts me first and she never initiates the plans even after we’ve been hanging out alone for 2/3 months. This makes me think she’s not that interested. She also doesn’t always walk side by side with me. Maybe she’s trying to tell me she’s not interested?
So is the best way to do this without making her feel too uncomfortable to ask her on a date?

ask her on something really casual. like a movie night at yours or something where there no way either of you could feel too awkward
The issue is she also never texts me first and she never initiates the plans even after we’ve been hanging out alone for 2/3 months. This makes me think she’s not that interested. She also doesn’t always walk side by side with me. Maybe she’s trying to tell me she’s not interested?

Maybe. or maybe not. she may not have thought about that. I know i certainly wouldn't even if i liked a guy. if she doesn't turn you down that shows the possibility of her liking you. but i don't wanna get your hopes up so ...
ask her on something really casual. like a movie night at yours or something where there no way either of you could feel too awkward

We’ve already been hanging out alone every weekend for the last 2 months
We’ve already been hanging out alone every weekend for the last 2 months

then its probably time to make a move
then its probably time to make a move

The PUAs and dating coaches say doing this generally gets you rejected and you lose a friendship.
The PUAs and dating coaches say doing this generally gets you rejected and you lose a friendship.

well, I'm no professional. Just, in my opinion, that's what I would want from a guy.
I've had a few of my really close friends ask me out and I've said no to them and it was mainly because they overdid it and lost the reason I'm friends with them when asking. If they just casually made a move on me rather than like asking me out formally and putting pressure on me. Then I could have rejected them more subtly or I would have probably told them that I had liked them like that for years.
I was worried how serious and confronting he acted when asking me on a date and professing their love was what they would be like if we were in a relationship and I didn't want that because that wasn't what our friendship was.
making a move also allowed her to come to a decision with out having to say an answer straight a way.
Up to you tho man, Wish you the best of luck. Don't overthink, if she says no then it wasn't meant to be.
well, I'm no professional. Just, in my opinion, that's what I would want from a guy.
I've had a few of my really close friends ask me out and I've said no to them and it was mainly because they overdid it and lost the reason I'm friends with them when asking. If they just casually made a move on me rather than like asking me out formally and putting pressure on me. Then I could have rejected them more subtly or I would have probably told them that I had liked them like that for years.
I was worried how serious and confronting he acted when asking me on a date and professing their love was what they would be like if we were in a relationship and I didn't want that because that wasn't what our friendship was.
making a move also allowed her to come to a decision with out having to say an answer straight a way.
Up to you tho man, Wish you the best of luck. Don't overthink, if she says no then it wasn't meant to be.

Do you think this is ok? “I know we’re friends but I’ve enjoyed spending time with you recently and although I may have misread, have felt at times like there might be more between us. I would love to take you on a date if you’d be interested.”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending