The Student Room Group

What usually motivates you to do work?

Hi, I'm doing an assignment currently and I need a bit of motivation to get going, I was thinking of rewarding myself with a tv show or something similar after doing it. Therefore I was wondering what else every one uses as their motivation to get stuff done?
What do you reward yourself with? What mindset do you stick to? (apart from that you may fail lol)
Lool , I usually watch this youtuber called yoora jung and her vlogs are SOO MOTIVATING , she’s a med school student btw. Also another thing that keeps me studying is guilt lol, I feel guilty if I don’t study so yeh Idk if this is helpful but i’d defos recommended that you watch yoora jung :smile:
Flashcards that stare at you
pettiness
Haha this is so dumb but I literally just have to wait until the pressure gets too much and then I’ll do a couple of hours to catch up so I don’t drown in work. Stressful process.
Original post by pancakie
Hi, I'm doing an assignment currently and I need a bit of motivation to get going, I was thinking of rewarding myself with a tv show or something similar after doing it. Therefore I was wondering what else every one uses as their motivation to get stuff done?
What do you reward yourself with? What mindset do you stick to? (apart from that you may fail lol)

Hi @pancakie,

When I have a lot of deadlines or a big assignment coming up, I stop drinking until I've submitted the assignment. I find this helps me concentrate more and produce better work anyway, and there's also cause for celebration once it's submitted! :biggrin:

I also find that if I do exercise everyday and drink lots of water it helps me feel 'cleansed' which puts me in a better mindset to do work. Having a workspace that is aesthetically pleasing and clutter-free sometimes makes me feel excited about working there (weird I know) so keeping my room tidy and any other area I like to work is also a must for me. I'm sure these are all things you've probably heard before, but they do work!

Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending