The Student Room Group

What's your favourite Christmas food (savoury and sweet)

I absolutely love mince pies , I am not particularly fond of any savoury Christmas foods. I am not a fan of nut roasts but I do like cranberry sauce.

Scroll to see replies

stuffing! yum!

and a good roast potato - though those aren't just for Chistmas :smile:

Never tried a nut roast. Kinda curious to give it a go but not sure if I'll like it.
This is a random list
Mince pies
Turkey
Cranberry sauce
Fruitcake
Pigs in blankets
Candied fruit
Candy canes
Sweets
Ham
Savoury: stuffing

Sweet: Quality streets green triangle :love:
Mince pies
Mint sauce
Turkey
Pringles
yule logs and roast potatoes and chestnuts
Pigs in blankets, the winners choice.
I don't like turkey nor am I a big fan of roasts so Christmas lunch is about the only time I'll have a roast which is chicken or Gammon.

Pigs in Blankets and my Nans homemade stuffing, no idea what she puts in it but its delicious.

As for sweet, quality street, heroes, celebrations, after eights... there's a trend here pretty much any chocolate or cheesecake
Reply 8
I prefer a good gammon joint for Christmas roast, can make lovely sandwiches with it after too! I love party food mac and cheese bites, mini pizza all of it!

As for sweet, guylian shells are amazing and I love lebkuchen!
Savoury: yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, smoked salmon, the leftovers on Boxing day

Sweet: orange and strawberry creams in Quality Street, stollen bites, mince pies, Bucksfizz,
Reply 10
Mince pies :drool:
Original post by bones-mccoy
Savoury: yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, smoked salmon, the leftovers on Boxing day

Sweet: orange and strawberry creams in Quality Street, stollen bites, mince pies, Bucksfizz,

In my house the orange and strawberry creams were always the left over sweets no one wanted :tongue: I loved the pink ones and the dark brown one. Blue was also good.
Reply 12
Mince pies and ice cream
Piggies in blankets
Roast Tatties

Used to get rum truffles years ago but haven't seen good ones for years now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous1502
In my house the orange and strawberry creams were always the left over sweets no one wanted :tongue: I loved the pink ones and the dark brown one. Blue was also good.

They're very love or hate! Sadly they're my partner's favourite too so we end up squabbling over them :lol: The fudge and toffee ones are my least favourite
Brandy cream
Toss up between stuffing and pigs in blankets for the best savoury option.

Sweet wise I love a good ole slice of Xmas cake and mince pies are wonderful.

Also partial to drinking more Baileys and Irish Coffee in Xmas week than I do the rest of the year combined :colondollar:
Gravy
Potatoes
Pigs in blankets

Mince pies
Chocolate
:perv:
Original post by summerberry19
Gravy
Potatoes
Pigs in blankets

Mince pies
Chocolate