The Student Room Group

GF left me almost 10 years ago

my girlfriend left me when I started uni in 2013. I cant even get dates I don't know what to do. I tried all the dating sites no luck. I even paid for match - they gave me a refund.

I'm almost 30 now and I haven't been dating like someone in their 20s should be. I've had to pay for sex just to stay sane. Yeah i went through some issues but I'm a lot better now. I need help

Scroll to see replies

What’s the rest of your life like? It sounds like you’re working yourself into a desperate state by obsessing about this.
Reply 2
Original post by YaliaV123
What’s the rest of your life like? It sounds like you’re working yourself into a desperate state by obsessing about this.

Well its currently lockdown so not much of a life.
But I go gym, I have a job, play guitar, go church, teach, loads of things. but yes your right I'm in kind of a state and I just want to sort it out
do you still miss her?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
do you still miss her?

I assume you mean my ex. Yeah but I'm over her - she's not coming back
2013 was only 7 years ago so still got a couple of years left till it’s 10 years ago.
Reply 6
Original post by RichPiana
2013 was only 7 years ago so still got a couple of years left till it’s 10 years ago.

yeah its almost 10 years and just because it was 7 doesn't make it any better
Original post by RichPiana

I’ll remember to call you in a crisis
Pay someone to marry you? be your gf?
Reply 9
Original post by deadroseex
Pay someone to marry you? be your gf?

I don't want the kind of girl who can be bought
Maybe don't so much focus on getting one. Sometimes, if you are too obsessed over something, you end up not getting what you want, but when you don't care as much you get it🤷*♀️
Maybe don't so much focus on getting one. Sometimes, if you are too obsessed over something, you end up not getting what you want, but when you don't care as much you get it🤷*♀️

Thanks but I'm not so focused on getting one, not like guys I know are getting it.

But I always see that advice like saying don't apply for a job and you'll get your dream job.
Yikes, why do you need to pay someone to have sex with you when there’s tinder. But besides that, you’re not even that old, the right one will probably come with you unexpectedly, just continue living life and maybe still try with the dating apps.
Yikes, why do you need to pay someone to have sex with you when there’s tinder. But besides that, you’re not even that old, the right one will probably come with you unexpectedly, just continue living life and maybe still try with the dating apps.

Tinder and dating apps didn't work. I tried and even paid for some like match.
You might think I'm a loser based on this post but I'm only a loser in this one area
Thanks but I'm not so focused on getting one, not like guys I know are getting it.

But I always see that advice like saying don't apply for a job and you'll get your dream job.

Hmm.. well then what could be preventing you from getting some?
Hmm.. well then what could be preventing you from getting some?

My ethnicity - I was told by a few girls already
My ethnicity - I was told by a few girls already

What is your ethnicity?
Also, a girl who straight up rejects you for ethnicity(something you can't change) is not worth your time mate
do you think the reason your ex left you could also be a reason why you're struggling to find dates?
What is your ethnicity?
Also, a girl who straight up rejects you for ethnicity(something you can't change) is not worth your time mate

yeah but its almost every girl. only 2 have been honest enough to ay it to my face.
As a mixed race person I became 'too white' to my ex for going to uni and not acting like some roadman
and rejected by an Indian girl for being black.
I know that's why I'm not getting matches on dating sites too.
What is your ethnicity?

Yeah... you don't want to be with someone so shallow that they'll reject you for your ethnicity. Frankly, interracial people tend to be more interesting and unique so I don't know why that would be a disadvantage. Plus, at the end of the day, you're still relatively young and I know it is stressful but I'm sure you will find someone perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending