The Student Room Group

Art A level

if you chose art for a level, what other subjects did you choose along with it?
Reply 1
It really depends on what you what you want to do with it.

Good subjects that compliment Art are History, English Lit / Lang, Philosophy and Sociology!
Reply 2
Original post by cmb123
It really depends on what you what you want to do with it.

Good subjects that compliment Art are History, English Lit / Lang, Philosophy and Sociology!

thank you for the advice! i honestly just want a career in art, it could be pretty much anything lol
Reply 3
Original post by uaryrius
thank you for the advice! i honestly just want a career in art, it could be pretty much anything lol

No worries! I think history will compliment Art as they are linked in various concepts as im sure you know, and English Lit Lang and philosophy are usually favoured by the good uni's! X
if you chose art for a level, what other subjects did you choose along with it?

i'm doing art with maths, physics, and either geography or biology (i'm really struggling to choose between them:s-smilie:)

i'm aiming to do architecture or medical physics/engineering at uni
Hi! I’m doing Art, Media and Business :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by alicewantsana
i'm doing art with maths, physics, and either geography or biology (i'm really struggling to choose between them:s-smilie:)

i'm aiming to do architecture or medical physics/engineering at uni

omg good luck ! im thinking about geography biology art and smth else, i hope u figure out what to choose
Reply 7
Original post by J_220S
Hi! I’m doing Art, Media and Business :smile:

none of my sixth forms do media unfortunately :frown:
none of my sixth forms do media unfortunately :frown:

Awh , that’s annoying. I was going to say it would really compliment it. I agree with the top person, History is good, maths for architecture and etc !
Reply 9
Original post by J_220S
Awh , that’s annoying. I was going to say it would really compliment it. I agree with the top person, History is good, maths for architecture and etc !

i might do history of art since one f the sixth forms offer it ! not sure how useful it will be tho
i might do history of art since one f the sixth forms offer it ! not sure how useful it will be tho

Just make sure you pick something you like, they don’t necessarily need to match up. I know someone who does Art and two sciences. :smile:
agreed !

Things like history and English language would go well with it
I dropped it after a few months, but I did it alongside English Lit, Classics and History! A lot of people seem to do it with DT, or LitLang but I don't think it really matters if you want to go straight into art. My cousin went on to do HoA and she did Art, HoA and English
Hi i didnt do Art A Level but my friend did it and she chose History and Sociology with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest