The Student Room Group

Mental Health Support Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

(edited 3 months ago)
Finally organised a pre payment certificate for my meds as i should hopefully pick my new meds up tomorrow, and i get my mirtaz plus my inhaler every so often so works out cheaper now.

Had a really good day at work today but im so exhausted now. Need to get up and hang my washing out to dry but that feels like a mamoth task...
Awesome, we have a new thread! :smile:
Hope everyone is doing okay. Life’s kinda chaotic for me atm. So I am fully taking Dory’s advice: “just keep swimming”
Original post by Pathway
Just a rant I guess.

Spoiler

:console:

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the support you deserve
Original post by CoolCavy
Bumped into an old friend from school, i didnt know i needed this conversation but honestly it made me feel a lot better. I've been so down with work and everything and just feeling stressed and tired.
We had a catch up, not in a competitive way or anything just genuine excitement to see one another. I've yet to tell anyone else inrl outside of my family what i actually do and although i am knackered and have a banging headache it did feel quite cool to say i work on jet suits.
I said i want to eventually work my way into the design side and she said within a year or two i'll be flying (not literally - i'll leave the pilots to do that, i've felt the weight of those suits :tongue: ) which was really nice and reassuring to hear.

These meetings with people we haven't seeen for ages are particularly special at the moment - I think working is always tough when you go out in the dark and get back home in the dark :hugs:
Picked up my new meds but really scared to start them
So my new meds have a pretty serious side effect that the psych and dr have warned me about and made sure i fully understood before starting it.
Iv took one tonight and now convinced myself im getting that side effect :facepalm: if i didnt know about it or it wasnt pushed on me then id be fine right now
Quiet in here today :ninja: Sending hugs and strength to anyone who needs it :grouphugs: Hugs also to those affected by seasonal weather, or for whom the prospect of Christmas feels quite bleak :frown:

I had a right palaver with my care this week. Sat on the NHS waiting list for further therapy for nearly a year, had the assessment with the psychologist, who decided I didn't need more therapy. (Which is fair enough - I'm disappointed but I see/understand/accept her logic.) Turns out the psychologist then went and wrote to my team saying I seem really normal and that I shouldn't have been allocated a CPN and should be taken off my CPA :mad: What a *****! :security: So I had to kick up a fuss (as did my nurse) for things to stay as they were (CPA, involving a CPN) :mob:

So yeah, all end alright for me in the end, but it was scary. So extra-special hugs to those who are struggling to get the support they need from loved ones, mental health charities, or the NHS :grouphugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Quiet in here today :ninja: Sending hugs and strength to anyone who needs it :grouphugs: Hugs also to those affected by seasonal weather, or for whom the prospect of Christmas feels quite bleak :frown:

I had a right palaver with my care this week. Sat on the NHS waiting list for further therapy for nearly a year, had the assessment with the psychologist, who decided I didn't need more therapy. (Which is fair enough - I'm disappointed but I see/understand/accept her logic.) Turns out the psychologist then went and wrote to my team saying I seem really normal and that I shouldn't have been allocated a CPN and should be taken off my CPA :mad: What a *****! :security: So I had to kick up a fuss (as did my nurse) for things to stay as they were (CPA, involving a CPN) :mob:

So yeah, all end alright for me in the end, but it was scary. So extra-special hugs to those who are struggling to get the support they need from loved ones, mental health charities, or the NHS :grouphugs:

How can she decide that after one time of meeting you? And surely a psychiatrist overules a psychologist?

But so glad its all been sorted :hugs:

:hugs:
That's awful - so glad you got it sorted :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
How can she decide that after one time of meeting you? And surely a psychiatrist overules a psychologist?

But so glad its all been sorted :hugs:

That first bit is exactly what I said to nurse, who agreed. Nurse seemed pretty pissed off that she was being told what to do by someone who'd only met me once. Yeah, I guess psychiatrist would overrule psychologist opinion anyway :redface:

Hope you're holding up OK with the new meds? :hugs:
Original post by Muttley79
That's awful - so glad you got it sorted :smile:

Thank you :redface:
Thank you :redface:

Atleast the people that know you agreed with you and have basically ignored the psycologist :yep:

Im just hoping it helps, apparently the one im on helps with the depressive side so that added with the AD should HOPEFULLY mean i dont get depressive episodes but im hoping it also means i keep the hypos :colone:
Sorry I've been fairly quiet as of late. Things are just bad I guess and I don't have the energy to really support people anymore. I do hope you are all OK and if I don't reply to your quotes, it's nothing personal. I'm just not myself at the moment and very minor things are overwhelming me more than I care to admit, which of course means other things are worse.

Anyway, do take care. Just a small check in.
Original post by Pathway
Sorry I've been fairly quiet as of late. Things are just bad I guess and I don't have the energy to really support people anymore. I do hope you are all OK and if I don't reply to your quotes, it's nothing personal. I'm just not myself at the moment and very minor things are overwhelming me more than I care to admit, which of course means other things are worse.

Sending hugs :hugs:
You know you look rough when the owner of the chineese takeaway asks if your tired :facepalm:

Felt like **** all day as had a bad headache, ended up napping, took strong pain killers and had food and its still there in the background.
Yeyy for side effects :woo:
Original post by Pathway

I am so sorry to hear that. I really do hope things get better for you. I know these niceties and platitudes do not change much, but I do mean it when I say that you strike me as someone that is stronger than they know and that you are worthy of happiness.
Do not feel the need to reply to this, trust me I know what you mean with being overwhelmed and not able to reply to messages. Take care x
want to get this off my chest quickly:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Gone really low

Spoiler for food

Spoiler

Tw eating disorder

Spoiler

Original post by Synergy~
want to get this off my chest quickly:

Spoiler

If you need to talk pm me