The Student Room Group

some guy

so there's this guy in my class who i think is really cool. i actually find him a little attractive it's not a crush or anything like that. he seems kind of chill and kinda quiet but i don't really know how to talk to him. i think he thinks i'm a bit weird to be honest. one time i tried to talk to him but he couldnt hear me because we had to wear our masks and the conversation ended up with him hurrying to his next lesson.
I'm not really the best at speaking to people but I'm learning and becoming more confident.
any advice??
Original post by Anonymous
so there's this guy in my class who i think is really cool. i actually find him a little attractive it's not a crush or anything like that. he seems kind of chill and kinda quiet but i don't really know how to talk to him. i think he thinks i'm a bit weird to be honest. one time i tried to talk to him but he couldnt hear me because we had to wear our masks and the conversation ended up with him hurrying to his next lesson.
I'm not really the best at speaking to people but I'm learning and becoming more confident.
any advice??

well for starters try initiating small talk, at the right time (before or during lessons, NOT at the end) with him and dont panic or overthink. take a deep breather and relax. just say stuff like "is it me or is the classroom cold today?" or short and sweet compliments like "nice handwriting dude". you're probably still overthinking about the "mask conversation", and no i'm pretty sure he doesn't think you're weird. he's probably focusing on stuff he gotta do in his life yk? most of us may think that others will think of us in a good or bad way, but in reality people are just focusing on what they're gonna do in their individual lives. once you guys are comfortable with talking to one another, you can start off with simple conversations relating to current day topics (like the subjects you and him are learning, upcoming tests, or idk the new ps5 console getting bought). do you and him share any common interests at all? try talking about them then lololol. you could also joke about topics too ig. you could try talking to some of his friends and maybe you can ask your friends for help as well (that is if you're comfortable with it as well lmao). you could ask questions on school or current day topics and he could maybe answer them and it could go the other way around. do you both have any social medias? try texting him if it's easier for you to start convos instead of talking in person- it worked for me? step out of your comfort zone. it's defo worth it, trust me. i've been in a similar place to your current situation (still kind of am, but there's defo some improvements happening). you got this my g. believe in yourself.

i got attachments of screenshots on how to start up convos easier. hope it helped you out.
get his number and send him dank memes, the best way to a man's heart
Reply 3
Awww just some guy (Inbetweeners?)

Anyway

Just say hey to him, ask him what's he's reading/watching.

Talk about something mutual maybe like the work you're working on, ask him for his thoughts. Ask him for his thoughts on current affairs, dunno
Reply 4
Original post by levi.simp777
well for starters try initiating small talk, at the right time (before or during lessons, NOT at the end) with him and dont panic or overthink. take a deep breather and relax. just say stuff like "is it me or is the classroom cold today?" or short and sweet compliments like "nice handwriting dude". you're probably still overthinking about the "mask conversation", and no i'm pretty sure he doesn't think you're weird. he's probably focusing on stuff he gotta do in his life yk? most of us may think that others will think of us in a good or bad way, but in reality people are just focusing on what they're gonna do in their individual lives. once you guys are comfortable with talking to one another, you can start off with simple conversations relating to current day topics (like the subjects you and him are learning, upcoming tests, or idk the new ps5 console getting bought). do you and him share any common interests at all? try talking about them then lololol. you could also joke about topics too ig. you could try talking to some of his friends and maybe you can ask your friends for help as well (that is if you're comfortable with it as well lmao). you could ask questions on school or current day topics and he could maybe answer them and it could go the other way around. do you both have any social medias? try texting him if it's easier for you to start convos instead of talking in person- it worked for me? step out of your comfort zone. it's defo worth it, trust me. i've been in a similar place to your current situation (still kind of am, but there's defo some improvements happening). you got this my g. believe in yourself.

i got attachments of screenshots on how to start up convos easier. hope it helped you out.

thank you so much!
Maybe if you know someone in common with him, having some kind of "middle-man" to push forward the conversation, certainly makes things easier! I dunno, good luck tho! :smile:
Original post by levi.simp777

Good advice tbh but I would just like to say I love your username and it's very relatable :vroam:
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Good advice tbh but I would just like to say I love your username and it's very relatable :vroam:

i respect your tastes in anime characters my g lmaooooo
Original post by Anonymous
thank you so much!

no problem and lemme know if it worked out for you or not lololol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending