The Student Room Group

dentist phobia lol

so 4 years ago i got a tooth filling because i had a cavity and the doctor didnt give me any kind of sedatives or pain killers. it hurted like sh*t i cried and cried i couldn't even scream from the pain hell he even burnt my bottom lip in the procedure he isnt exactly a bad doctor because hes been doing this for 15 years, hes my moms co-worker.
fast forward now 4 years later i have 4 cavities in my back teeth 2 of them r very horrendous. i barely can eat anything i barely can study or focus but id rather take this pain then go to the dentist. im 17 yet ill literally bawl my eyes out if someone said i had to go to the dentist. im keeping this away from my parents in fear theyd force me to go. i only had one cavity filling, imagine 4 more? i cant take this. i need to go to the dentist as soon as possible or the cavities may deteriorate and reach my jaw nerve but I CANT i dont know how to im scared :frown:
I'm sorry to hear about this. :console: That should have never happened.
I've gotten fillings before, and they gassed me. You shouldn't have had to do that without some type of pain killer or gas. No wonder you have a phobia.
Can you go to some other dentist's office?
Original post by Anonymous
so 4 years ago i got a tooth filling because i had a cavity and the doctor didnt give me any kind of sedatives or pain killers. it hurted like sh*t i cried and cried i couldn't even scream from the pain hell he even burnt my bottom lip in the procedure he isnt exactly a bad doctor because hes been doing this for 15 years, hes my moms co-worker.
fast forward now 4 years later i have 4 cavities in my back teeth 2 of them r very horrendous. i barely can eat anything i barely can study or focus but id rather take this pain then go to the dentist. im 17 yet ill literally bawl my eyes out if someone said i had to go to the dentist. im keeping this away from my parents in fear theyd force me to go. i only had one cavity filling, imagine 4 more? i cant take this. i need to go to the dentist as soon as possible or the cavities may deteriorate and reach my jaw nerve but I CANT i dont know how to im scared :frown:

omg that sounds horrible! no wonder you hate the dentist, have you asked your parents if you could got to a different dentists or maybe just go to a dental hospital? x
Reply 3
I hate the dentists too. Its better to go get things taken care of when they're small though rather than letting them get out of hand like it sounds like you're dealing with now.
Can you see another dentist? In the very least ask for something for the pain.
(edited 3 years ago)
OP I think you should find yourself another dentist, you should have been given a numbing agent for the pain, and they certainly shouldn't have carried on whilst you were in pain. I would strongly advise you to find someone else and let them know about your previous experience so that they can take care of you properly.
Don't let it go untreated because tooth decay can progress into a bigger infection which may ultimately require more complicated treatment, or losing your teeth.
I hope I have followed your instructions well. :awesome:
Reply 6
Original post by sunny.side.up
I'm sorry to hear about this. :console: That should have never happened.
I've gotten fillings before, and they gassed me. You shouldn't have had to do that without some type of pain killer or gas. No wonder you have a phobia.
Can you go to some other dentist's office

the thing is even if i did, id still be so very scared. i went to a check-up yesterday just so they could see everything and i was literally crying and shaking through it because of how much my body remembers the pain from last time :/ gassing me up would help me SO MUCH tho
Original post by Anonymous
the thing is even if i did, id still be so very scared. i went to a check-up yesterday just so they could see everything and i was literally crying and shaking through it because of how much my body remembers the pain from last time :/ gassing me up would help me SO MUCH tho

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be gassed for cavities too. Go somewhere else, I'm sure they'll do their job right.

Quick Reply

Latest