The Student Room Group

Student house stinks of weed

My house stinks of weed because all my house mates keep smoking it. I have never smoked cannabis and don't want to. I didn't care last year because I was in there less but this year with the lockdown I'm there a lot more. I ****ing hate it. Don't know what to do.
you could probably report it but then I'd imagine they wouldn't be very pleased with that. weed absolutely stinks and the fact people don't have the decency to go outside to smoke it is really trash.
Original post by Anonymous
you could probably report it but then I'd imagine they wouldn't be very pleased with that. weed absolutely stinks and the fact people don't have the decency to go outside to smoke it is really trash.

Yeah i agree its your place as well. Maybe bring it up and ask them to go outside.
Reply 3

Yeah I'm not going to report it for that reason. Is still want to be friends with these guys. They all smoke it most nights in the living room downstairs sometimes whilst playing video games sometimes or drinking. I don't think they would like being told to smoke it outside but I may try asking even still.
Yeah I'm not going to report it for that reason. Is still want to be friends with these guys. They all smoke it most nights in the living room downstairs sometimes whilst playing video games sometimes or drinking. I don't think they would like being told to smoke it outside but I may try asking even still.

How long do you have be there till?
Reply 5
Original post by something_orphic
How long do you have be there till?

For the rest of this academic year - until June.
Reply 6
My girlfriend also won't stay over because of the stench of weed. She stayed over once and didn't like it.
My house stinks of weed because all my house mates keep smoking it. I have never smoked cannabis and don't want to. I didn't care last year because I was in there less but this year with the lockdown I'm there a lot more. I ****ing hate it. Don't know what to do.

tell them that u hate it and ask them to do it outside
My girlfriend also won't stay over because of the stench of weed. She stayed over once and didn't like it.

Do you never get laid then?
Reply 9
Original post by benrobertson
Do you never get laid then?

I have to go round to her flat.
I have to go round to her flat.

Can’t you just spend more time at your girl’s flat? You get to see her more and you don’t have to stay in your own house as often. Two birds one stone.
Original post by asif007
Can’t you just spend more time at your girl’s flat? You get to see her more and you don’t have to stay in your own house as often. Two birds one stone.

Good suggestion. I think I will go round a lot more but I think its still to early to move into her flat - we've only been together for 5 months. If were still together next year maybe I should move in with her?
Good suggestion. I think I will go round a lot more but I think its still to early to move into her flat - we've only been together for 5 months. If were still together next year maybe I should move in with her?

If you can’t tolerate the weed smell now, why wait until next year? Give it another month or two, then it will be a good time to move in.
Original post by asif007
If you can’t tolerate the weed smell now, why wait until next year? Give it another month or two, then it will be a good time to move in.

Its just annoying that I'm going to have to waste my money paying rent on a house that I don't live in or else having to find someone that wants to move into a house that stinks of weed. I hope that moving in with my girl at this stage doesn't put pressure/damage the relationship. I wouldn't mind sleeping in a double bed with my girlfriend every night in a flat that smells clean though.
Reply 14
Yeah I'm not going to report it for that reason. Is still want to be friends with these guys.

You want to be friends with people who are breaking the law? Not much sympathy if you are prepared to turn a blind it to this.
Reply 16
I guess you have to either tackle it, live with it or live elsewhere. It not unreasonable to say you don’t like the smell everywhere but I imagine the best you can hope for without things turning ugly is a compromise of some sort.

Quick Reply