The Student Room Group

Please help

I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too? Does anyone know if you can get student finance into a revolt account or cash plus. I will mention if you have a marker nation wide allow you to open savings accounts so if you get money you can store it in there or be paid into this and it may be a bit old fashioned but you can go in there and draw out cash in branch.
Reply 1
Original post by Boywonder4563
I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too? Does anyone know if you can get student finance into a revolt account or cash plus. I will mention if you have a marker nation wide allow you to open savings accounts so if you get money you can store it in there or be paid into this and it may be a bit old fashioned but you can go in there and draw out cash in branch.

Depends if they are closing your account after being alerted of the marker. Expect so.

I guess student finance know have you phoned them....?
Original post by Quady
Depends if they are closing your account after being alerted of the marker. Expect so.

I guess student finance know have you phoned them....?

I’ve spoken to them and they actually can’t decline anyone payment for tuition loan or student finance because of a CIFAS marker. It’s just if you have an account to pay it into
Reply 3
Original post by Quady

A bank will only register a Cifas marker if they have their own evidence of fraud being committed. So, while they can close your account because they've discovered that another bank has registered a marker against you, they can only register their own marker if they have their own evidence.

See the Cifas rules here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/fraud-prevention-community/member-benefits/data/nfd/nfd-principles specifically "Principle 4: Lawfulness (Standard of Proof)".
Original post by martin7
A bank will only register a Cifas marker if they have their own evidence of fraud being committed. So, while they can close your account because they've discovered that another bank has registered a marker against you, they can only register their own marker if they have their own evidence.

See the Cifas rules here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/fraud-prevention-community/member-benefits/data/nfd/nfd-principles specifically "Principle 4: Lawfulness (Standard of Proof)".

Oh thank you this is very helpful
Reply 5
It’s just if you have an account to pay it into

So they don't have alternate payment methods then? ie Post Office Card Account
Reply 6
Original post by martin7

Yes......?
Reply 7
Original post by Quady
Yes......?

OP's original question was "I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too?" -- so I said "no" and gave reasons why. NatWest can only record a marker if NatWest has its own evidence of fraud. NatWest can't record a Cifas marker based on the decision made by Santander.
Reply 8
Original post by martin7
OP's original question was "I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too?" -- so I said "no" and gave reasons why. NatWest can only record a marker if NatWest has its own evidence of fraud. NatWest can't record a Cifas marker based on the decision made by Santander.

Why did you quote me rather than the OP then?

Why wouldn't NatWest add a marker if they are closing the account due to fraud using the NatWest account?
Do you know if you can get car insurance or any car insurance company’s that will accept with a CIFAS marker please?
Reply 10
Do you know if you can get car insurance or any car insurance company’s that will accept with a CIFAS marker please?

Seriously doubt it. Insurers don't tend to like doing business with those who have a history of fraud for some strange reason...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending