The Student Room Group

Am i over reacting?

due to coronavirus and lockdown I could not hangout with my college friends and then i got busy with autumn exams and deactivated my whatsapp.after almost 2 months i reactivated it and found out that alot of new people (people i've just known but never interacted with personally) have been added in the group.so in a group of 11 girls there's this one guy who always has a problem with them giving me more attention.obviously it used to be a girls gang and now that i'm back i talk to my girls alot in the group and he always gets annoyed.

yesterday we planned a beach trip where obviously he had to come.the girls told him to take a picture of just us and he got annoyed AGAIN.The whole way back to home he complained how boring the trip was eventhough it would have been fun if he wasn't there.I felt so awkward doing crazy shiz with my girls.They even went on a ride on a 4 wheeler bikes and i didn't complain since there was no space for another person to sit i gave away my seat to him while I stood on the beach alone for 10 mins waiting for them to get done with the ride.

after coming back from the trip he started creating drama on the whatsapp group so I felt like i should apologise and then I personally texted him saying " I think you deserve an apology since I wouldn't want someone to hurt unintentionally.I'm sorry if you felt a little left out.I've been missing my girls since a long time and it was my first time hanging out with them after a long time so I'm sorry:smile:"

tbh i didn't like his vibe and the way he's trying to break our group apart.Should i just continue dealing with daily drama or should i tell my girls to get rid of him?i think it would be selfish of me to ask them to remove that guy
Tbh this just sounds like a weird dynamic I think you should tell your girls that he’s been giving you a weird vibe and see what they say they might even agree with you. The boy sounds like he doesn’t even want to be in the friend group but has nowhere else to go. I hope I make sense!
I don't think you even owed him an apology tbh if he's jealous then that's something he has to work on and change. If you'd deliberately left him out or made him feel excluded then fair enough but it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong.

(Though I will say the use of 'my girls' is a bit weird imo unless they're your pets or daughters, makes you sound like a pimp :lol:)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bones-mccoy
I don't think you even owed him an apology tbh if he's jealous then that's something he has to work on and change. If you'd deliberately left him out or made him feel excluded then fair enough but it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong.

(Though I will say the use of 'my girls' is a bit weird imo unless they're your pets or daughters, makes you sound like a pimp :lol:)

English is not my first language lmao so i just had to emphasize on the fact that it was a girls group with no guys in it
Yeah this guy sounds like a douche. Get rid of him. He sounds like a little b*tch complaining and creating drama for no reason. You don't need that sh*t in your life especially during a weird time like covid.
Original post by Anonymous
English is not my first language lmao so i just had to emphasize on the fact that it was a girls group with no guys in it

Oh fair enough :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending